Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice Please. Building out your domains! Less than 1000 exact.com. Suite of .com's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am guessing a majority of domainers believe in the 'exact' results via google/adwords? in regards to roughly pricing their domains? And whether to develop said name? Thus stating that any domain with over 1000 exact is a worthy contender.

My question is, with respect to developing out your domains, what would the experts say about a niche '.com' with 500 exact? and say other .coms with similar 'exacts' that complement as an SEO driver? I guess it's a lower league and I know there are other variables, but would that still work?

Thanks for your time,

Howard.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the metrics personally, I have sold many domains with zero searches, especially brandable domains.
Searches are only part of the equation, what about competition and CPC. Again, you can't price domains based just on that data.
And I don't think it's the primary criterion for buyers either.

Assuming you want to price domains based on G results (again, it's pointless), what is the magic formula supposed to look like ? :)

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The exact is only a piece of the equation. Most sites eventually get most of their traffic from the long tails that come naturally with time.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am guessing a majority of domainers believe in the 'exact' results via google/adwords? in regards to roughly pricing their domains? And whether to develop said name? Thus stating that any domain with over 1000 exact is a worthy contender.

don't start off guessing, and making assumptions based on inconclusive evidence.

though i do see where a newbie could come to that conclusion.

as many of the sales threads and appraisal posts will contain google exact match numbers, to draw interest and try to associate those stats with value and apply that assumed value to those names....regardless of the actual domains' extension.

My question is, with respect to developing out your domains, what would the experts say about a niche '.com' with 500 exact? and say other .coms with similar 'exacts' that complement as an SEO driver? I guess it's a lower league and I know there are other variables, but would that still work?

Thanks for your time,

Howard.

if you plan to develop a niche' domain, then one with "less" competition seems like the logical choice over one with more competition, as it would make it easier to get high SE ranking.

but as katherine stated, domains without any searches do sell.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom