Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

advice plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
say i made a website about an event which was sponsered by a big company, is it better to email the big company and ask if its ok? its basicly a forum (non profit) about an event but has the events name in the domain name, should i contact them to see if its ok, that way keeping in there good books, or should i just leave it, and if there is a problem they will contact me?

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the event is only sponsored by the company, then they would have no bearing on the event itself. If they own a trademark on the event name itself, then it is a different story. Regardless, I would not recommend contacting them.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's an event sponsored by a corporation, odds are good somebody owns the trademark on it, so I wouldn't recommend using it within the domain name.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice, the domain i have the other tlds are taken but all they have are adverts on them, and one is for sale, the company just owns the abbreviated domain names, so hopefully they wont mind me developing this domain. just wondered if i should ask them first. thanks :)

edit: also just searched the patent office and they only have trade marks on the abbreviated name

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom