Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have 2 domain names, xxx.com and xxx.net used to be owned by a company in south america. For some reason, this company let both domains drop and I picked them up, and that was in 2004. I parked the domains and the traffic is beautiful. Anyway, few minutes ago, I received an email from this company saying that he domains belong to them and I have no business owning them, and they will take further actions. That´s exactly what did they mention in their email. From my part, I´ll fight them to the end, unless they pay me a good deal of $$, since they are the ones who dropped them. Any Advice from the TM experts will be appreciated.

thanks and regards

D

Deleted member 70408

Can't really help if you don't give the names. Are they the actual name of the company? Does the company have a tm on the word(s) used in the name? Is there any mention of the company on your parked page?

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are the acutal names of the company.
Does they have tm on the word? no clue. Is there any database search for south america TMs!!! And, there is no mention of the company in the parked page.

D

Deleted member 5660

It sounds like they realized they dropped the domains and now they don't know what to do.

The best thing to do is get a domain lawyer to respond. If it were me I would probably say it is my understanding that the company "waived their rights" to the domain when they didn't pay the renewal fee.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^^^ EJS has asked the necessary questions. Unless the characters XXX are like IBM or something it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about as long as you're not referring to them or offering similar goods or services; but again, need answers to questions posed by EJS.

Brett Lewis

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind -- anything that is written in a public forum on the Internet could potentially be discovered or disclosed in the context of a UDRP or litigation, so be careful about providing too many details or making any statements that could potentially be used against you. The things that people say in emails and chat rooms that later show up in court are astounding!!

Brett E. Lewis, Esq.
Lewis & Hand, LLP
www.lewishand.com

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like Brett could be your man ....

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You bet, I am saving him for the right moment.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These types of questions just open up more questions that need to be answered before advice could be given. Just contact a lawyer. Best of Luck :)

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that it took them two years to realize they no longer owned the domains, especially if they had a functioning website at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom