Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Affiliate Programs in 2012... any good ones left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a few years of ignoring affiliate programs after I personally caught CJ.com in the act of fraud (http://www.dnforum.com/f128/cj-com-commission-junction-not-paying-thread-67776.html), it's time to see what's working in 2012 and what isn't.

I've been testing out Amazon's program for 1 year, and it's been a DISASTER. First of all, they simply "decided" that publishers in California would not be paid their commission for sales. They still COLLECTED the money, but pocketed it for themselves, under the reasoning of "we don't like your governor". Also, they have a "2000 hourly query limit", which means that no more than 20 pages can be clicked per hour across ALL of your sites, and when that is exceeded the customer cannot shop or get to their cart. The average pages shows 10 items, so that's 10 queries per page. Also, if Google or any bot visits, that counts against your total, so you're dead in the water.

Any good alternatives out there?

Domain summit 2024

I33

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Any particular categories?
There are many exclusive CPA affiliate programs that are doing well!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got at least a few domains in each major category. Quite a few in photography, wedding, and small business.

I'm not sure what you mean by "exclusive CPA"?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shareasale
AvantLink

I33

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was referencing to exclusive offers

There are those INFORG mentioned, and others! If your site receives alot of traffic, take advantage of this.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
+1 Shareasale

I've also heard good things about LinkShare but don't have personal experience with this network.

I can't even manage to speak to a real human over at CJ.

Last edited:

aclass

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amazon's API limits are the worst thing that they could do to send their affiliates away, but it's not exactly as you've pictured it. One page, if requested right, can contain 10 items which are all taken as a sinple query and count as 1. Also if you sell, the 2k limit gets quite high.
Thus said if a bot comes to your site, which you want to happen as you want it to be indexed, the limit is reached in no time. And if you have a couple of hundred sites like me, the limit is gone for 5 minutes most of the time.
Amazon still works but it seems like they only want the direct linking affiliates and not the API storefront ones.

Have you tried Google's affiliate system?

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been using affiliate networks like CJ, Shareasale, Linkshare, LinkConnector, MaxBounty & a handful of others for years - there always are great affiliate programs available thru these networks or that are independent. One thing I don't like about independent affiliate programs is the payment thresholds that are typically in place. You could earn $20 but if they have a $50-$100 payment minimum then you won't get paid until your balance reaches that point. EbayPartnernetwork, Infolinks (or Kontera), Amazon (not my favorite because of short cookie length) & other independent programs all produce me income as well.

The key is to target niches & try not to be a shopping center. Can you make income off a site about jumping ropes? Hell yeah! Find the merchants that sell jumping ropes & place product links if available. Set up a link directly to Ebay targeting the keyword "jumping rope" & get paid per click. Use the evil Adsense & get paid per click. Any exercise programs/videos that utilize jumping ropes that you can earn affiliate income on? Mention those too.

My affiliate income has had it's peaks & valleys over the years for my various websites but there is nothin' like making a few hundred or more every month off a site that requires little or no effort after you get it set up. Of course there also are other sites that make me hardly anything at all.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazon (not my favorite because of short cookie length)

Thats true, but you get commission on products you aren't promoting directly, and with Amazon's huge inventory, there are a lot of products you can potentially get a commission on, which makes up for the short cookie length and low commissions to a certain extent.

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually think CJ are not a fraud company but they do not care a lot to resolve issues. As I've written in a topic I've just started I have had a lot of problems with web hosting affiliate programs. On the other hand I use other programs through CJ that work pretty good. So my conclusion is CJ are not trying to cheat their publishers but unfortunately, they do not put a lot of efforts in resolving their issues with advertisers. And this could be really frustrating at times.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually think CJ are not a fraud company but they do not care a lot to resolve issues. As I've written in a topic I've just started I have had a lot of problems with web hosting affiliate programs. On the other hand I use other programs through CJ that work pretty good. So my conclusion is CJ are not trying to cheat their publishers but unfortunately, they do not put a lot of efforts in resolving their issues with advertisers. And this could be really frustrating at times.

Let's go over this again:

I PERSONALLY CAUGHT and DOCUMENTED a case of FRAUD by COMMISSION JUNCTION. When confronted with the evidence, they REFUSED TO REPLY or PAY me for it.

I don't "think" they committed fraud, I proved it.

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's go over this again:

I PERSONALLY CAUGHT and DOCUMENTED a case of FRAUD by COMMISSION JUNCTION. When confronted with the evidence, they REFUSED TO REPLY or PAY me for it.

I don't "think" they committed fraud, I proved it.

I read most of your posts in this and the referred thread but maybe I've missed the post where you've mentioned the proof of fraud. I've got the impression that you've been cheated by the particular advertiser rather than CJ.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read most of your posts in this and the referred thread but maybe I've missed the post where you've mentioned the proof of fraud. I've got the impression that you've been cheated by the particular advertiser rather than CJ.

My connection to the advertiser is CJ, via reporting tools, ad code, and payment. If there was an issue with the advertiser, CJ still should have responded to the complaints, not run and hid. They tells me CJ is causing the fraud, not the advertiser.

bobbigmac

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I run a site selling tools and services for pro photographers. The referral programme pays ~20% depending on what services the photographer uses. If it might be useful to you, drop me a PM.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are lots of CPA companies that are alive and thriving. I personally have used LinkShare, MaxBounty, A4d, neverblue and a few others. Most of these companies have a wide variety of offers and you should be able to find something to fit the niche you want to market. I have used these for floral, credit, real estate, music, freebies etc. All of these companies also have offers that are normal as well as with incentive which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators