Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs Affiliate vs PPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My own early experience with affiliate programs was dismal to say the least. Is it any better now? When/where does affiliate beat PPC?

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:
My own early experience with affiliate programs was dismal to say the least. Is it any better now? When/where does affiliate beat PPC?

i guess both will depend on the traffic you can bring?

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:

Well, that's a very general question, but I'll give you my insight.

In my experience affiliate beats PPC when the affiliate program is a VERY closely related to your site content. The hard part is finding that perfect match, THEN finding a program that has reasonable payouts and all...

For example: If you have a bike tuning website, I would recommend finding an affiliate program that sells tuning parts and other bike accessories. Then integrating them into your website with carefully planned eye tracking and ad optimization to convert at a decent rate. Usually this step involves weeks if not months of trial and error.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Affiliate works good if you have very specific or targeted traffic. For ppc not so targeted traffic will do.

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you have quality traffic, then generally speaking both ppc and affiliate programs should do very well... if neither is working out then you know why.

it makes sense using an affiliate rather then a ppc for web hosting, software, etc.. where you make anywhere from 50, 70 to 100 bucks per sale/lead.. where ppc would only pay out maybe 10 cents at best, per each click.

have to try out both to find out... at least that's what i try to do every chance i get :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom