Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs Affiliate will do Bank Transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know I should be better asking this to my bank and I'll do it tomorrow but in the mean time I'd like to ask here.

An affiliate, which has already sent checks a few times is changing from checks to direct bank transfer.
I'm not american, but have an US bank account and have used it together with paypal with succes.
This affiliate is asking both the Routing number and the Account number to make the transfer ... though I don't doubt their honestity I'm not sure if he needs soo much information, I mean, isn't the Routing number enough to make the transfer?
Sorry, I just don't know very wel the american banking system and I don't want to be another history when someone take your money from your bank account to another country :(

gshafir

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No that's standard, I believe the routing number refers to your local branch of the Federal Reserve.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gshafir said:
No that's standard, I believe the routing number refers to your local branch of the Federal Reserve.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Do you know by anychance how it happened to many people that got scammed, see, they are asked to send a copy of the account statement, and with that information, someone pulls the money from their bank account to other country?

I just don't understand how that can happen and want to be sure about what _not_ to do with my bank account.

CrazyGuy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah - if its in the US, the minimum information required to ID an account is routing number (what we call sort code in the UK), which identifies the branch, and the account number, which may only be unique to that branch.

If the transfer is international, they often also require a "swift code" which is a unique identifier for your bank, to give them bank-branch-account.

All that info (ex Swift) is on checks, cards etc and banks don't ask you to guard it, so it seems to me that people need more than this to transfer money out - like a forged signature, a PIN or a password or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom