Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Affilliate Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have bought and sold a few domains here and know a few of you. I know alot of you make money with affilliate programs, I mainly make money designing websites.
I have 2 sites that average 150 uniques daily each and I am trying partypoker.com's program. I have had these banners on there for 3 days now and not one nibble. Is it too early to try something else or is this normal?
I understand that you have to match the banners with the kind of traffic you have, and I think I did, but I have yet to have one customer.
Any advice?? Out of 900 uniques and not 1 sign up is not a great conversion ratio is it?

Domain summit 2024

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can use use Google Adwords for that? Might make more from that..

kvarnsten

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
xecutech said:
Out of 900 uniques and not 1 sign up is not a great conversion ratio is it?

Sites like partypoker often offer about $100 per signup. So to make $10 CPM from the site using their program you would only have to have a signup ratio of 1/10 000. If your ratio is good or bad obviouslty have a lot to do with what kind of traffic you are sending, but if its fairly generic traffic a 1/1000 ratio would be quite awesome, and would outperform all ppc parking services (for generic trafic) by a mile.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
xecutech said:
Google adwords? Do they have an affilliate program?
Sorry, I meant adsense.. No they don't have an affiliate program.. but if your sending clicks & not getting signups, why not send the clicks through adsense & make revenue. Not sure if google allow gambling tho? As they don't allow adult but they have adult advertisers in adwords.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The important thing is not how many uniques you are getting but what these uniques are looking for . . . you can expect much higher conversions if your traffic is looking for gambling/poker sites, but if they're looking for coloring books, recipes or anything else you'll like convert MUCH MUCH less. 1/10,000 isn't unlikely if you have totally unrelated traffic.

btw fabulous has a very good payout on gambling traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators