Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

After a Year of Domains - What I have learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

YL-TRADER

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just 'celebrated' my 1 year anniversary of domaining.

After a year of flip-flopping with hosts, services, parking, software and "consulting" adventures....I thought I would compile my list of "what made it finally work"...

Things that I did WRONG -
1. bought typos - simply put, in the long run, it is just a waste of money and simply unethical. Typos can lead to loss of revenue with your most valuable domains due to parking/landing services lack of confidence in you producing quality traffic. The parking services elevate payouts over time with genuine, focused traffic and typos can diminish this relationship. There ARE ways around this and people DO make money with typos.

2. paid high hosting fees for a dedicated server - I thought that I had to have my own server to be able to make any money. simply put, not the case. Eliminating the size of grapics, page size, dead links and bad html formatting, saves you a tremendous amout of money in the long run.

3. Overuse of scripts. Scripts can be great, but, overuse and blind use are just not good. Beware of "preprogrammed" php scripts that "may" have someone ELSE's adwords account number in it. Beware of the OUTGOING links from the pages that are given to you for you to park you pages on. There are a lot of nice people in the world, but,.....there is NO such thing as a free lunch! I liked http://www.ppctemplate.net/ the best.

My Simple Review of Parking/Selling/Software

1. I sold the most domains via sedo and like sedo
2. I made the most money with parking with Domain Sponsor
3. I use Domain Research Tool on a daily basis and can not live without it
4. I buy my domains from Moniker because they are the cheapest - but, have MAJOR complaints about the their practices of changing dns records to their parking program without notice. In the long run, I have kept my VERY valuable domains with Network $olutions due to their unwavering level of service and safeguard of my domains.
5. Trafficz rocks as far as landing page beauty, but, did not pay out well for me. Their stats are the best in the industry....hands down.

I have YET to sell a domain via DNForum that I bought for 7 bucks. .....I assume it can be done, but, I have yet to do it.

That's my round up....

Hope it helps at least one person out there..

Anne

Domain Days 2024

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is very helpfull Anne, thanks for sharing, nice advices...

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice read thanks for sharing.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can you elaborate on your experience with ppctemplate.net such as:

cost, simplicity, ease of use, admin panel, hosting requirements, any shortcomings, are you making more using them than other ppc companies, do you use adsense or affilitates with it,....etc,.....details please.

thanks for sharing.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought all canned scripts had someone elses adsense number and outgoing links :)

oh, and the banners

YL-TRADER

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with PPC Templates I bought the "big" package where you could have all rights and an example came iwth it fully loaded.

In the LONG run, yes, I think it is the way to go....I just do not want to pay hosting fees every month......

how I used it was I had a dedicated server and overwrote my plesk default page. for that....it was PERFECT....

it took a LOT of work to get it right....but, in the end it worked...

what I would suggest is getting it and trying it out on a few domains...it is VERY flexible, but you need to go in and tweak the code a bit in places due to lack of SEO work and too much identical content appearing on each page.

But, if I had to do it again.....from Day 1.......this would be mroe or less my "magic bullet".....

I own about 1400 domains now.....so, it was something that helped quite a bit EASILY.

I have a cj acct, linkshare, and yahoo publisher...I used only thos on the page for ads.

I also tweaked the css to help wtih some formatting issues in some older browsers. Use browsercam.com to make sure your pages are showing up in all the engines.

There are no hosting requirements, it runs on your server or host. No admin panel, you need to work with txt files and php files.

Let me know if that helps.

Anne

VirtualT this one does not, you are on your own 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom