Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

After-Drop Hoarding - Unfair Bulk Registrations using DELETE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I no longer focus on drop lists but rather buy my premium names directly. I have been asked to make this post for a friend who is still very active in registering names that become available immediately following the daily drops.

The problem is that apparantly a single company is registering every single domain name that becomes available immediately after they are released. I'm assuming these are all the ones not automatically caught by the various drop services like SnapNames, Club Drop, Pool, etc... The company is registering every single one, testing the traffic for several days, then deleting any of them that do not have sufficient traffic to keep them registered.

Who is doing this? To me it seems a very unfair practice. All of the free delete features I've seen are only supposed to be used in the instance of a mispelled, mistaken registration. Not to register hundreds of thousands of names to test and then keep a few.

An example of one of the domains this happened on was SMOKEINC.com. I'm curious to see the registrant's info in the next few days. My friend has been complaining about this for the last few weeks and now says they're just grabbing everything. Although I don't spend my time on these names, this practice seems a bit unfair to the rest of us. Someone's greed has taken then down a new path, bending the regsistrar rules.

I told him I'd make a post to see if anyone else knew what was up. Should make for a controversial discussion too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom