Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic - $60k sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ProProject.com was owned by Afternic's owner. It was his original business name, but they recently changed to Afternic.com to match their marquee site. I am wondering if more went with the sale than just the name - for example an existing business, client list, etc.

M

mole

Looking at the names listed there many from the Afternic of yore, I believe you could be right down the alley.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
ProProject.com was owned by Afternic's owner. It was his original business name, but they recently changed to Afternic.com to match their marquee site. I am wondering if more went with the sale than just the name - for example an existing business, client list, etc.

same thought

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you believe someone who spent $60,000 for a name did not update the contact info :--

Registrant:
Roger Collins
810 NW 72nd Ave.
Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33317
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: PROPROJECT.COM
Created on: 02-Mar-00
Expires on: 02-Mar-05
Last Updated on: 02-Dec-02

Great ! :rolleyes:

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
probably, they are still signing the contract. haven't done the payment and transfer yet. the process could take more than a month.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
probably, they are still signing the contract. haven't done the payment and transfer yet. the process could take more than a month.

Reminds me of sale of beauty.cc .....

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComCowboy
I wouldn't pay $60 for the subject domain..

$60 ? I would not pay $10 . Period.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ProProject.com is an ASP business that handles one of the most critical business functions in consulting companies, time keeping. Customers included a public co. with 5 divisions in 5 states that has been using the system since 1/1/2001. It was a great bargain for someone who knows how to market IT software and the buyer seems to know how.

We sold it to focus on Afternic.

Some financing was involved, which is secured by the domain itself, among other assets, so you'll see our name on the registration for a while longer.

We let the buyer decide whether to make the sale public on Afternic.com. You see his decision.

BTW, if you want to sell a real business like this, check out BizBuySell.com. It generated many qualified leads for ProProject.com. We kept lowering the price, started at $250K. When it got down to $60K, we had multiple parties ready to buy.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i guess to avoid confusion, it should be pointed out more clearly when a domain is sold on its own vs. along with other assets such as an operating business. that's really less of a domain sale and more of business sale (which of course would include the domain).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom