Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic.com domain for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are rumors Register.com is shutting down Afternic very soon. It seems they are offering their domain name for sale as the WHOIS indicates it's for sale.

All popular extensions are taken and I am sure it still gets good traffic, though it is probably down a lot from its heyday.

P.S. How much is it worth? Please give your opinion.

Here is the WHOIS:

"You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offer"
Domain Name: AFTERNIC.COM
Created on..............: Sat, Mar 13, 1999
Expires on..............: Mon, Mar 13, 2006
Record last updated on..: Thu, Apr 25, 2002
Administrative Contact:
Register.com, Inc.
Domain Registrar
575 Eighth Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 212-798-9200
Fax..: 212-629-9305
Email: [email protected]

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>RealNames: It seems they are offering their domain name for sale as the WHOIS indicates it's for sale ... You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offer

The truth is: EVERY name registered with Register.com or its affliate NameBargain.com bears the same line in the whois info.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave >RealNames: It seems they are offering their domain name for sale as the WHOIS indicates it's for sale ... You may be able to buy this domain name through http://www.afternic.com/offerThe truth is: EVERY name registered with Register.com or its affliate NameBargain.com bears the same line in the whois info.

Thanks, did not know that. It's really surprising they would be so bold as to proclaim every name registered there may be for sale.

That does not seem to be a very good business practice as far as client relationships and privacy is concerned as many may not realize that is on all whois records.

Anyway, if it was for sale how much is it worth?

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the name's worth, but Register.com paid about $40 million for Afternic.com when they acquired it.

This is just a theory, but If I were them I'd incorporte the WLS into it when it became a reality, and oh, by the way still keep it active like it is on autopilot.

BTW, the prices in the recent offers area of AN seem to be a little higher lately. lots of 3 and 4 digit numbers. Still not enough commission fees collected I'm sure to pay the expenses they got used to in the dot-com heyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom