Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic.com Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago -- I was set up for ACH transfer and NOT getting paid. They told me that because of the merger, they could not pay anyone. They set up a "free" bank wire that my bank charged me $12 to receive.

buymynames

small fish
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is an option for wire transfer to your checking/saving account.

I know... New w/ Afternic, so next time.. Thanks Johnn

:)

Hey JP, Sorry about your experience w/them, but I hope to receive the check since my wife thinks it's just a pigment of my imagination... :)

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
was wondering why afternic rarely gets mentioned here - any other reasons? been debating sending a domain to auction there

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
was wondering why afternic rarely gets mentioned here - any other reasons? been debating sending a domain to auction there
My one and only sale with afternic was not paid for. For me to complete the sale, I had to upgrade my account by paying a $19.95 fee, or something like that.

Anyways, was notified of an offer, I accepted. That was the last I ever heard. No nofication, no nothing. No response to emails. This was perhaps 6-8 months ago.

Was this about the time of the merger?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I upgraded a few days ago. Paid. Nothing. Couldnt list names. Still cant.
Sent 3 support emails.
Heard nothing. Not good service so far :eek:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just got check yesterday from a sale at Afternic - (mediasignage com)
buyer released payment about five days ago.

i had let my membership expire and swore that i wouldn't renew it

however, since enom has a direct link to an Afternic Bidding process for domains that are "taken".
when an offer was sent, i accepted it, as they included the membership for rights to the transaction.

$2k offer...it was a no-brainer! :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just got check yesterday from a sale at Afternic - (mediasignage com)
buyer released payment about five days ago.

i had let my membership expire and swore that i wouldn't renew it

however, since enom has a direct link to an Afternic Bidding process for domains that are "taken".
when an offer was sent, i accepted it, as they included the membership for rights to the transaction.

$2k offer...it was a no-brainer! :)
That was the impression I got. When I received the offer, I was told if I accepted the offer the membership would be included.

But I could not log onto my account unless I paid the fee. It was not big deal. It would have been a good sale.

But that was the last I ever heard from Afternic regarding the sale or anything.

I hate when companies are going through buyouts or mergers. Things just get lost or simply not done or followed up on.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with sending it first class mail, Escrow.com has sent me nearly 100 checks and every time they did, not one has been lost using first class mail, also never felt the need to use next day delivery.

I sold my very first domain on Afternic and chose the wire option, it was in my account when they said it would be, but it was under different management then, makes me wonder why you didn't do the same if you were in a hurry for the payment, do they still offer Wire transfer? I stopped using Afternic long ago, I sold some domains to buyers that never paid for them, it tied up my domains and Afternic kept giving them more time to pay, not allowing me to sell to someone else, so I pulled all my domains and stuck to selling them on my own, its been working great in the 4 years I've been doing it. :yes:

buymynames

small fish
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update.
smile.gif

Today, I received the check from Afternic. Thx.

So...

Afternic using first class mail within United States (FL to CA) is 11-days. IMO, this is not bad...

I just wished mailing option is available for check (Fedex, 2-day, etc..)

smile.gif

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Afternic using first class mail within United States (FL to CA) is 11-days. IMO, this is not bad...

Are your saying it took 11 days for the post office to deliver it? OMG!, I usually get my checks from Parked and Moniker in 4 days, Florida to California. I have one in front of me from Parked, that I received yesterday, postmarked 8/22...4 days.

Something must of happened to it, but I'm glad you received it ;)

David @ NameMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I upgraded a few days ago. Paid. Nothing. Couldnt list names. Still cant.
Sent 3 support emails.
Heard nothing. Not good service so far :eek:
I work at NameMedia and manage the customer support at Afternic.

A few of you mentioned that you had customer support issues at Afternic whereas a phone call or support ticket went unanswered. That, obviously, is not the type of service that we strive to achieve at Afternic. Could you please let me know the method that was used to contact Afternic? We'd like to ensure that there aren't any support holes and that all support inquires are accomplished in a timely manner. Additionally, if you have any open support items - please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks for your help.

I can be reached at [email protected].

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is Afternic having problems lately? Domains I've listed and parked aren't showing up as parked after weeks, and when I change the prices on my domains (like the floor price) it goes back to the old values.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've taken my newest domains off of Afternic parking and redirected them to one of my sites, a 'catch all' type of site with free offers. At least this way I can see if there is traffic and maybe earn some income. When Afternic gets sorted out I'll put them back.

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:sad: It looks like BD/NM just bought Afternic as another outlet to list their names. It is almost impossible to get a quality generic listed above one of BD's names.

The whole site works like it has one person looking in on things every 14 days or so :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom