Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic sold a name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hand regged petlink.info on August 23, 2005 and sold it on October 11 through escrow.com..low $xxx amount ... I saw it listed on Dukes site (http://www.dnjournal.com/)this week figured the buyer resold it so I took a look at the offer history and saw that the seller accepted the buyers offer on August 31, 2005 ..WHILE I WAS THE REGISTRANT 8 days after I regged it and the transaction was completed on 10/18/2005 ..kinda sucks that someone sold a name i owned while i owned it ..make you wonder why afternic doesn't cross reference the whois after a sale is accepted to make sure the seller owns the domain.. oh well just wanted to share..a few more $xxx would of been nice :santa:

jim

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heres the public transaction http://afternic.com/name.php?id=1633485
Lets just say it's close to double of what I sold it for .. perhaps the seller thought they still owned it and accepted the offer.. and for some reason waited a month and a half before contacting me.. that seems like a excessive amount of time for the name to be pending sale where afternic didn't confirm the seller being the registrant.. not a great deal of money but quite a few renewals

jim

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should email Afternic and see if they will give you some money since they made the mistake... I've never heard of this happening on their site before..

What I'm wondering is how did the domain ownership get transfered if you owned it?

BurnedRice

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should certainly email Afternic as this is a violation of their selling terms. Your buyer should be suspended. You may also drop a post about this on the message board there, DiscussNames letting other sellers there know about it.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim,

The name wasn't listed on Afternic as a standard listing for sale. Actually, the new owner had submitted an anonymous offer through our system and we had sent emails to who we had determined to have control of the name. The name and email address listed in whois records on 2005-08-04 08:43:34 was not yours when we looked up the whois info. I would assume that the person who received the offer from us bought the name from you and then sold it to the person who had submitted the anonymous offer through us. We allow people to list names on behalf of other people and act as a seller agent. So, on our end, everything looked fine. The sale might have closed while you were the registrant, but it was not a publicly listed auction. I see no wrongdoing here.

Bill

(copied from DiscussNames)

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bill,

When the bid came in on 08/24/2005 at 10:09 am EDT did you check the whois to verify the registrant ?

If I made a offer on a domain that wasn't accepted I'd sure as hell check the whois before making another offer weeks later .

I registered it 08/23/2005 and was the legal registrant.If you had checked this I would of been contacted not the prior registrant.
This being said the seller accepted the offer and entered into a contract for a name they didn't own

Not bashing but I see wrongdoing here

jim

petlink.info Offer History
Amount Username Status Expires Bid Time
555.56 datamars Accepted 08/31/2005 10:09 am EDT 08/24/2005 10:09 am EDT
300.00 datamars Expired 08/11/2005 08:43 am EDT 08/04/2005 08:43 am EDT

brian1234

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have never found Afternic to be a
trustworthy seller; avoid them at all
costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom