Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic Traffic Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys are going gaga over a company that bought traffic that was going to a lousy domain name auction site. They don't have any of the Afternic system. They are the same company they were 2 days ago.

Yes I am pissed Register.com didn't invite Perfectname.com, soon to be premier place to sell your domain names, to the dance. More proof that Register.com is continuing to do things to the detriment of their stock holders. Perfectname.com has sold more names in the last four months than Afternic.com, Greatdomains.com and the new Afternic.com combined.

Many of you will say, but we keep waiting on you to open up Perfectname.com. We're working on it as fast as we can. We're building the system from the ground up. You will be impressed when we launch and you won't be disappointed with your sales.

Sorry to rain on your parade New Afternic. ;)

Maybe Namebox won't see this thread. :)

M

mole

Originally posted by gregr
Perfectname.com has sold more names in the last four months than Afternic.com, Greatdomains.com and the new Afternic.com combined.

:eek:

M

mole

Hey, greg. Try to wrestle that media.info fraud tm thingy from Yesnic. You seem to have the right connections. Then maybe we could do business :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ah, the sting of failure. Opportunities lost. Dreams shattered. Seeing your "inferiors" waltz off with the prettiest girl at the prom. To think of what Perfectname/Afternic could have been ..... but I digress!

Were you sleeping these past couple of months? As pathetic as you claim the new owners of Afternic to be, they still did the deal (and on favorable terms I'd venture)!

More power to them! A sadly bushleague present site its true, but who knows what the future holds. Fire up some Coldfusion off the shelf auction solution, or better yet an open source PHP version, and you're off to the races!

OR

Maybe Register.com was aware of the "faults" of the Perfectname.com system. Coming to the same conclusion on their own that many others have long held of the site as:

"Appearing" to be an auction or market, but being compromised by the accept a "make offer" and then reject it, but keep any illegitimate offers as the new benchmark.

Perhaps you should spend your time remedying these shortcomings, instead of appearing to be a sore loser at being not invited to the prom by Register.com. Doesn't look good on a "God" of domains (quoting others on these forums). Take the free advice of your good hearted members here on dnforum, who only want to see you succeed!

OR

Maybe GregR doesn't have a reputation as a "buyer" vs. a "seller". Many broadcast solicitations, but how many really step up to the plate, and take out their wallets?

Something to think about!

Yes, you've awakened the beast. NameBox is out of retirement! That said, if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about your competition. Stop slagging them and just crush them in the marketplace!

See, I'm full of bonhomie in light of the season!

Best of the Season to all, and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! .... That includes GregR and GeorgeK :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I missed you Namebox. :)

Its good to be back GregR.

I look forwarded to increasing the value of your ownership of these forums, by continuing my tradition of stimulating and thought provoking posts!

.... I know that it remains unsaid on your behalf ....

.... but you're very welcome! :D

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At this point in our venture, I observe that the path to success and failure start with exactly the same step, taking a giant risk. There will be easy explantations for either result: success or failure. No one can know now -- even we who know the price -- whether we got a good deal or not.

I don't know what competitor NameBox operates, but we are hopeful that this market can be greatly improved and there is plenty of room for both competition and cooperation among its service providers.

Best wishes!

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sure tells us how much register.com thought of their auction system - considering they wouldn't even use it to sell off afternic.com!

Too funny!

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Where is your sidekick? :cry:

But according to you "we" are one and the same? :D

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Register.com doesn't seem to understand the need to flex and change with the flow of the internet. It doesn't surprise me that they tried to sell off Afternic.com quietly.

Best of luck to both PerfectName.com and the new Afternic.com.
My guess is that the domain name market will come back someday(I've been saying that for 3 years now, ugh). As for now I look for ways of developing my names rather than selling for DN Bucks. Don't get me wrong I dig DN Bucks but not for names.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ummm ... I just read through this post and gathered the following; The Afternic.com domain was sold to NameBox or ProProject, or both. Gregr here is somewhat displeased because he owns PerfectName.com, which also wanted to buy Register.com. And, somewhere along the line Register.com sided with NameBox or ProProject, or both ... I guess. And now, TexasFilly is blue in the face and I'm more confused than ever. I'll now go back and re-read the post, but I wish whomever best of luck with whatever they own or don't own ... and Merry Christmas!! :)

Disclaimer: I just found out about the Afternic.com domain even being sold last night ... so please don't get upset with me for being both naive and inquisitive. If I misstated anything above, I apologize ... please just clarify here and I'll come back. Thanks!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All I know is Namebox is to blame. :eek:

I've got the FLU - and I feel terrible. I know that somehow it must be his fault. ;)

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well you got most of that right, but im sure you meant afternic.com instead of Register.com.

"Gregr here is somewhat displeased because he owns PerfectName.com, which also wanted to buy Register.com."

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Gregr here is somewhat displeased because he owns PerfectName.com, which also wanted to buy *Register.com*."

Kudos (to Dragon)!! I'm sure I DID mean Afternic.com, but as you could easily tell I'm not too swift on the uptake. LOL. This whole Afternic.com revelation has put me in a quandry, of sorts. Thanks much! :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
This whole Afternic.com revelation has put me in a quandry, of sorts.

No doubt. It's kinda like finding out that Frankenstein has been brought back to life! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom