Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just saw the other thread about the bogus $10k sale.

My question is, has anyone had any success with the new Afternic here? I am looking at the site and it doesn't look like much is happening that would benefit a domain seller there.

Am I wrong? Can anyone share an experience? Is anyone selling anything? If so, for reasonable prices?

Am I missing something?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MODS: Sorry, I just realized this is in the "news" thread. That wasn't my intention. Feel free to move it if you wish.

<! -- MOVED by Moderator from "Domain News" to "Domain Reselling" -->

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought 4 names there. The sellers made a bit a mess of the transfer, but Afternic email support was excellent

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sold one at afternic, and one at sedo. Neither site is what I'd call hot right now, but Afternic.com is easier to work with.

My sale at sedo.co.uk was difficult in that signed paper based and faxed transfers are still required.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For the last two full months, we sold 50-60 domains each month.

We're working very hard to improve that count dramatically. Our focus is partnering with registrars (where most of the buyers are). This will change the secondary market in a fundamental way. Progress is sure, but oh so painfully slow. We'll be on an economics-imposed hunger strike until we are successful. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by proproject
For the last two full months, we sold 50-60 domains each month.

We're working very hard to improve that count dramatically. Our focus is partnering with registrars (where most of the buyers are). This will change the secondary market in a fundamental way. Progress is sure, but oh so painfully slow. We'll be on an economics-imposed hunger strike until we are successful. :)

We are planning a Domain Name Journal story this month on the new Afternic. We might even run a print edition so Roger can sell a few papers to pick up some money for bread and water. :)

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep up the good work at Afternic Roger!

TrueIntegration

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afternic seems to be the standard in selling domain names by auction. It is much cheaper than most auction sites and there are many buyers browsing the database.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the kind words!

We have a problem I wonder if anyone knows how to address. All the "reviews" on Alexa.com about Afternic are about the "old" Afternic. There are many complaints - average review is a little over 1 star. Our marketing guy (my brother Michael) added the most recent review and gave us *another* 1 STAR review. (He was being way overly cautious about not spamming the reviews IMHO). :)

The question is, is there any way to get Alexa.com to remove old reviews about a site that no longer operates on that domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom