Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it worth payiong the $9.95 a yr to join them? Anyone with them?

*edit*

Maybe this shoulda gone in the Domain Registration Discussion forum.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ye I know, I wondered is it worth it in peoples experiences?

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...hard to tell if it is worth for you - it depends on your names & what you are trying to sell them for - it took me 3 years (2 years with the old afternic and 1 year with the new afternic) before i sold my first and only name , but i just have grappy and overpriced domains...

now seriously , i think its just like any other business , if the right persons finds your listing and it is exactly what he/she/they- is/are looking for and if they have the means to buy it - they will .

there are many places on the internet to sell your domain ,some are better some are worse - i personally think afternic is one of the better (because of their great support).

some places are cheaper to sell your domain and some are a little more expensive , so it depends on your wallet.

i think the more places you offer your domain ,the better ,the greater the changes to sell your domain...if the right person...blabla...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has been well worth the $9.95 to me. You can list an unlimited number of names for that price and reach a large audience. I think it's a bargain.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to pay a percentage of the sale price?
I think it's very easy for people to skirt around afternic and simply contact you directly.
No one likes a middleman....but it could help.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold quite a few on the old afternic. Like metioned above, depends on your domains. Just look at it this way...if you are contemplating spending $10 to invest in your domain business, you may want to find another business to be in....lol.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth the fee... I've bought and sold several thousand dollars worth of domain names there in the last year. Just renewed my membership for another year, yesterday!

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nodnarb said:
I think it's worth the fee... I've bought and sold several thousand dollars worth of domain names there in the last year. Just renewed my membership for another year, yesterday!

Cool! :-D

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
Just look at it this way...if you are contemplating spending $10 to invest in your domain business, you may want to find another business to be in....lol.
Loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom