Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DjPaj

Anyone here have exp. with Afternic?

Is it a good relialble place to sell a domain?

If so, do you usually get your asking price for your domain?

If not, where else do you recommend?

Thanks~

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Lafternic?

:laugh:

Stay away from there. Save yourself the hassle, problems, non-customer service, etc.

Sell here if you need to sell :D

-bob

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sense a little sarcasm

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
STAY away, they are shutting down....if you sell something, your money will never come out of escrow, it will end up in their pockets!

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with the above. For now, take a look at sedo.co.uk or sedo.us, or wait for Greg's PerfectName.com to allow for the auction sale of member's names, along with his own escrow service.

dotsplash

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I read that in some other thread, any idea when will greg start allowing others to list on perfectname.com ? in case you know or may be Greg can tell ...

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afternic has pretty much become a wholesale registration site, just due to the fact that you have to pay about $50 just for the priveledge of bidding, win or not. Then add escrow fees. Not very buyer friendly. I have sold some names there, but the last one I "sold" there never passed escrow sinced they closed their own escrow service and started using escrow.com. it sat in limbo for months and now I can't even modify or delete it because it's marked sold. It took days to get hold of a person (I contacted register.com to get an email contact), and afternic and escrow.com both said blamed the other (basically denied) the closing problem.

You cannot get a human to reply at afternic, which is very bad customer service.

It is true Register.com has announced the future closing of Afternic. here is the quote and the link on their investor relations site:
"Register.com also announced it will close its Afternic customer segment and as a result, the Company will have to write off goodwill in the third quarter. Due to the write-off of goodwill, the softness in revenues, increased penalty fees related to credit card charge-backs and refunds, and a potential increased bad debt reserve, the Company does not expect to remain profitable in the third quarter of 2002. "http://investor.register.com/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcom&script=412&layout=-6&item_id=337013

There are also plenty of threads about this a few weeks ago if you search.

Some smaller independent listing sites will probably spring up since the two past powerhouses afternic and great domains have failed to change with the market.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotsplash
I read that in some other thread, any idea when will greg start allowing others to list on perfectname.com ? in case you know or may be Greg can tell ...

Not sure dotsplash, but there'll be plenty of interest when it happens. Greg, any news?

I

ilikebeer

Afternic is still going? Haha ... thought that was dead long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom