Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Afternic's recent changes = disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow ....

Thanks to the recent interface changes at Afternic, here's what we have:

• a lack of visitor statistics for each domain listing
  • faulty links (afternic.com/[domainname] doesn't take you to that domain's listing any more!)
  • gibberish on some listing pages (I just changed the pricing - nothing else - on one of my domains, and now when I view the listing, the entire description field shows words separated by "+" signs instead of spaces)
I better go get on the horn with them. Anybody see any other problems, or is this the list so far?

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beside those problems, they need to remove the membership fees so they can get more buyers/sellers.
They are the only auction house that still charge for a membership fees.
There is nothing special about Afternic to adjust the fees.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that there should not be a fee on Afternic...TDNAM also charges a membership fee - only $4.99 - but still a fee.

I have not been over to Afternic in quite a while - I will check it out.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The main reason I closed my Afternic account was the fact they have no bulk edit capabilities so if you wanted to change a lot of names at same time, such as the price, or not selling them, or premium marketing it all had to be individually which is very tedious. A recent email from them say's they still do not offer any bulk modifications which after all this time is really surprising it was not programmed. How can they not afford to do that extra programming what with the size of the corporation?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I just got off the phone with Afternic - they say they are aware of the issues I cited and are hoping to fix them this week. I will keep this thread updated with their progress.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I just got off the phone with Afternic - they say they are aware of the issues I cited and are hoping to fix them this week. I will keep this thread updated with their progress.

did ya tell'em that we ain't coming back till they eliminate the fee.

:)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the recent interface changes at Afternic, here's what we have:

• a lack of visitor statistics for each domain listing
  • faulty links (afternic.com/[domainname] doesn't take you to that domain's listing any more!)
  • gibberish on some listing pages (I just changed the pricing - nothing else - on one of my domains, and now when I view the listing, the entire description field shows words separated by "+" signs instead of spaces)

Status report:
  • still no stats
  • links (afternic.com/[domainname]) still not working
  • gibberish still appears in some descriptions

Also, I can only view 25 of my domains at once; in the old system, you could choose to view up to 100. With 500+ domains there, I need to see a lot more than 25 at a time!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I miss the old Afternic (2000). Nowadays an Afternic account is pretty much unnecessary.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I miss the old Afternic (2000). Nowadays an Afternic account is pretty much unnecessary.

I've only made a few sales there, but they've had excellent ROI, so I'm keeping my membership current.

Ted Olson

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beside those problems, they need to remove the membership fees so they can get more buyers/sellers.
They are the only auction house that still charge for a membership fees.
There is nothing special about Afternic to adjust the fees.

Johnn - I can put you in touch with the VP in regards to listing your domains with Afternic so you can see how well it works.

Ted

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble logging in at afternic ??

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dumped Afternic a few years ago when they dumped gambling and adult names and expected me to justify why other names should be on their crappy site.

No loss for me. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about the "premium promotion " you have to transfer to networksolutions.. :smilewinkgrin:

Congratulations! Your domain(s) meet our very highest quality standards. This means they are eligible to be listed on our exclusive Premium Promotion network, which dramatically increases their exposure to potential buyers. To be included, simply move the following domains to a participating registrar.

jim

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought we don't need to transfer to NS for premium.

I set all my domains to premium but I didn't transfer to NS.

Any problem with this?

iboughta.com

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Any problem with this?

Well, you'd better check.

I did this as well...and obviously I had the (*) for pending review...

meaning that I should check the message in the dashboard....and the message saying that I should change registrar.

Well...I also ignored it...and let the promotion level to Premium...but then I went on "BuyDomains" where my domain should show as Premium is exactly the same as the expanded network and therefore your domain should show on the BUYDOMAINS website...

Well guess what...it was not there !!!

So, I reverse to Expanded on all my domains...

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Any problem with this?

I asked Afternic's rep on another forum and he told me that I should transfer my domains to NS if I want to use the premium promotion.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no wonder i do not get any leads from buydomains after my change. Though i still get leads from afternic marketplace. This must be the reason then.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any bulk editing capacity yet or is it still a stone-age manually done process and thus a tedious time-consuming operation? Seems really strange why after years of ownership by Buydoamins.com the programming was not improved. Support was also mostly poor (non-response to issues) when I was using the service.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for your domains to appear back on BuyDomains after you switch from Premium back to Expanded? I made the change but I don't see my domains at BuyDomains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom