Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Aged Domain SEO Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengzai

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum age requirement for aged domains to rank well in Google?
'Older' the better or is it just based on the PR and backlinks from the previous owner?
What's the difference of getting an aged domain with 10+ years PR 0 vs a young domain with PR 1?
How 'old' is considered aged?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum age requirement for aged domains to rank well in Google?
'Older' the better or is it just based on the PR and backlinks from the previous owner?
What's the difference of getting an aged domain with 10+ years PR 0 vs a young domain with PR 1?
How 'old' is considered aged?

hi

imo and from experience, a newly registered domain can get ranked in google ahead of domains that have more "age".

it all depends on content, tags, niche', competition, domain name, links, etc.

all can play a part and some are irrelevant

i'd say buying a domain with age really has no extra value as far as "time" of existence, unless there is a traffic benefit that can be converted to revenue.

even older domains that have existing rank when you "catch or buy" them, may drop in ranking when you park it or redesign them.

but if those attributes cannot be applied to that domain...then where is the value over a recent hand-reg?

as it applies to ranking

getting "ranked" in google isn't a problem, the hardest part is getting on first few pages and staying there.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aged Backlinks > Aged Domain if you ask me.

Logically, aged backlinks do not come with a newly registered domain, but let me explain the above:

I'd rather buy a 5 year old domain with hundreds (thousands?) indexed aged backlinks than a 10 year old (or more) without any or a few. That's just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom