Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

AIM Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious - did anyone sign up for AIM mail yet? I just registered one of my many screen names with their mail service. Not only is it OBVIOUS that they are competing with Google, but furthermore, it just sucks. There are HUGE banner ads all over the e-mail interface and it appears to be very unreliable. Anyone else know anything about this new service? :evil:

aphex850

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about it, and I don't know how AOL could have something as popular as AIM and not find a better way to make money off of it besides that stupid small ad that randomly plays annoying sound. I'd pay $25 a year to have an ad free version of AIM that works and is legitamate, at least the masses would I figure. In the meantime I'll have to settle for DeadAIM. :)

Then again they would never do that since everyone would just switch to Yahoo or MSN messenger.

Kase said:
Just curious - did anyone sign up for AIM mail yet? I just registered one of my many screen names with their mail service. Not only is it OBVIOUS that they are competing with Google, but furthermore, it just sucks. There are HUGE banner ads all over the e-mail interface and it appears to be very unreliable. Anyone else know anything about this new service? :evil:

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I definately prefer Gmail. I mean, atleast those ads are just text and they are targeted. Sometimes I like having them there because they bring to me to sites that have content that I'm interested in. AIM Mail is just plain annoying. Even if they did have a "pay to use" option, I wouldn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom