Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

AIT Domain - Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I found this domain name which I want to buy and found out it was registered by AIT Inc. So I went to there website (www.ait.com) and asked there Live Help if I could buy the domain name. The person told me that it was possible for 200$. What I had to do was send a fax with a copy of my id and my credit card, so they could use it for the domain information and the payment. Is this type of situation normal? Is there anyone who bought a domain from them, who can verifie this is legit? Sending them a copy of my CC isn't really something I want to do, but it's the only way the person told me. Should I trust this or not?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jackson Productions

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
49 views and 0 responses :s
I would still appreciate your opinions on this guys!

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to contact the owner from who is information unless ATI actually own the name (which I doubt it).
I would not send any information to anyone and request the transaction to be done by Escrow.com/Moniker or other escrow service companies.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never send copy of your cc to anyone, especially not the side containing CVV . Better use escrow services (only $25-50 cost) , which is much better than having your cc info. in hands of those whom you can't trust

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!
I didn't fully trust this either, that's why I posted the question in the first place.
AIT.com is the owner! (I guess someone registered it with them and they deecided to keep it themselves once it expired. Whois is how I found out they have it.)
But how am I able to get the Domain now?
Hmm I'll try contacting them again aksing for a safer way.

Thank you very much for your opinions!

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kinda forgot about this thread, but for those who have a similar thing going on and found this thread through google ect..
I eventually send them my CreditCard information after signing a contract stating they would only charge 200$.
And so they did, there were no problems the domain was in my account (at AIT, but you can transfer after a few months) after a few hours.
I wouldn't suggest doing business like this but well, if you feel like this is that once of a life time moment you'll be able to buy the domain, then go for it!
AIT.com has been fair with me.

Thanks to those who helped me out here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom