Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ALEX TEW'S NEW WEBSITE will launch in 5 days - I'll help you buy space today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As you may have heard Alex Tew, the creator of the MillionDollarHomepage.com is preparing to launch a new project, the pixelotto.com.

As a publisher on his previous project, I have the right to purchase space on his website 5 days before the official launch.

Here is a copy of the email I received.

Hi Petros

I have some very exciting news I'd like to share with you.

Next week, on 5th December, I am launching a new venture called 'Pixelotto'.
It's similar to The Million Dollar Homepage only this time I will be giving away $1,000,000!

It's all based around pixel advertising and generating big traffic for advertisers. Visitors play for free - all they have to do is click on the ads for chances to win the jackpot. The more they click, the more chances they have - and the more traffic you receive.

As a valued customer of The Million Dollar Homepage, I'd like to give you an exclusive opportunity to purchase advertising space on Pixelotto before the site goes public. The world will be watching next week and this is your chance to get on-board before everyone else.

The following link will give you exclusive access to Pixelotto, where you can buy ad space right now:

http://www.pixelotto.com/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have any questions don't hesitate to e-mail me and my team at [email protected]

I look forward to welcoming you on-board for this new pixel adventure!

Cheers,

Alex Tew

Pixelotto
http://www.pixelotto.com

As you can see, one 100 pixel block costs $200. So far, from what I can see in my user account, almost $18,000 worth of pixels have been purchased by advertisers in just a few hours after receiving the email and premium places are starting to decrease.

I will help you buy space NOW, I will charge 6% on top of the $200/100pixel.

For larger purchases above $1000 we can work out a better deal.

PM me now.

Regards,
Petros

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not at all sneaky. It's all about the fact that I have access to it and I can do it and this way I enable others to do it too. Nobody would go ahead and act like a middle man to buy ad space for others for free right? So what I ask in exchange is a small commission.

This is a business forum and it shouldn't come strange to you that middlemen take commission:)

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't really like his idea for this though if I understand Alex's plan for pixelotto.. (guess we shall see in a few hours).

But there's a million dollars up for grabs for the people who clikc on the ads. The more they click, the more chance they have to win.

Surely this is just going to create massively inflated traffic and no real value for some of the advertisers. People will be clicking then returning to the page to click. Not reading the advertiser's page?

I know a lot of this is to to with driving page rank and everything and not necessarily sales from those who visit from the pixel ads, but surely this can only be shortlived, then everything will settle down with no real increas in long term page rank or traffic?

I dunno, maybe I have this wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom