Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Alexa 100,000 sites list

Status
Not open for further replies.

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in going in to get an Alexa 100,000 top sites list. I'm up for it if I can get another 3 people or so to cut the cost with.

Great for finding popular sites, and typos.etc.

See this old thread for other ideas : http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=53969

Thanks.
John

M

mole

I;d be interested in seeing what you have besides alexabooster.com, John.

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole, what do you mean? I don't own alexabooster.com, haven't even used the program before.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting, how much is it?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what mole is saying is that alexa is unusual unreliable as it is easy to cheat the system

money365

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got a site with 211,533 Ranking in Alexa i think in 2 months it will be on 100,000 reciving good traffic already :)

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you look in the last thread, there are loads of uses for a list such as this. Great for finding high traffic typos, expired names, the current websites for sale.

Obviously some people do cheat alexa, as with any system, but that would go into insiginificance given 100,000 sites. It gives a great view of the most visited websites - even if some may be more webmaster related.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If any of you all are still intrested check out the alexa post in advertising section.

Thanks

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you can get enough people to get the cost down to a few hundred or less I'd go in.

goddess

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
alexa rankings mean little anymore, tons of kids using scripts to fool it

I used to have over a dozen sites in top 100K, now most dropped out and my traffic is up on most sites

alexa has become worthless in my opinion, and I've been a huge alexa fan for years

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alexa rankings mean little anymore, tons of kids using scripts to fool it

I used to have over a dozen sites in top 100K, now most dropped out and my traffic is up on most sites

alexa has become worthless in my opinion, and I've been a huge alexa fan for years

And so your suggestion for a better thing is? :clown:

goddess

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
it depends on what you want to to analyze, logs are best, if you can't get logs then alexa is one tool, if you're aware it can be easily manipulated now

check links and quality of links to

check mentions in usenet

check link pages as to what that site is linking to it for

it really depends on why you're looking at the name, if you look at sites as how many people go now and how many pennies can I make then you need to look at most of the stuff above to see if the traffic is real, if someone is selling it to you direct due to traffic then grab the logs

if the name is for development does it contain the root name of that type of topic

alexa is just a quick check if you ask me to see if a site is getting decent traffic, it does not mean it is anymore when a site has a strong alexa

it's a good sign that the site might be 1000 or more uniques a day if it is top 100K that is all that 100K at Alexa means

I have many sites with that many uniques for many years and most were top 100K at alexa or at least top 200K

A few of the busier sites have 5K uniques most days that I run and they never get high on Alexa, so it's not a perfect tool and it has never been such a tool

Also, beware of sites with high page views per user, that really skews alexa

there are so many reasons why people look at owning a domain name that your answer can't be shoe boxed into one simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom