Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Alexa.com rating of 65,047

• Thread starter DomainNameFactory
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DomainNameFactory

I was not familiar with Alexa until recently. I heard that a 65,047 was great...is this true?

I registered literarte.com and the Alexa Traffic Rank is: 65,047.

Can someone please help explain Alexa and what is a good ranking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unlike a lot of other rating systems--with Alexa--the lower the number the better. Try entering in a few url's of other sites to compare. You definitely have a decent rating there. By comparison--DNForum is down to only 4939 which is really great.

At the same time though--there are too many sites that show "No Data available" for me to put too much emphasis on their system.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another example--eBay is down to 11.

In other words--it's the 11th most popular site traffic wise--according to their system.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It looks like its a Domain which was being redirected or something. Notice when you search the Domain at Alexa.com it shows the results for urlcollection.com .

Mike

D

DomainNameFactory

Thanks guys...so the # is basically the rank of the site.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But if you got a site that is already the 65th Thousandth most popular site (even though that may not sound great)--for the cost of a reg fee--than you did great. Keep in mind how many millions of web sites there are.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexa counts the site the name is redirected to.
urlcollection.com is ranked 65k

The name you picked up likely contributes a very small fraction to that traffic.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah Mike is right (of course)--it says urlcollection & Acecomp Plus Corporate Site Solutions. Also says: Mornington, Victoria; Australia - sets, George Wood and RPM mallets, balls, hoops, etc.

What the heck?

I see you wasted no time in forwarding that sucker to the factory. :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have a good stats package on your hosting plan at the factory?

D

DomainNameFactory

Yea...it's forwarded, but I'm not as excited about the name as I was 5 minutes ago. :mad:

Anyway, i purchased the software program I mentioned earlier (http://www.prophp.com/domseller.php). I already set up a host for www.dnfactory.com and I'll be tweaking the script to rotate names on the main page and include an offer page, kinda like perfectnames.com. Greg's script is awesome...I wish he would sell me a copy! :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainNameFactory
Yea...it's forwarded, but I'm not as excited about the name as I was 5 minutes ago. :mad:

LOL!!! I'm sorry....I'm not laughing at you....that just sounds funny.

D

DomainNameFactory

LOL...it's OK...I'm laughing at myself! Hey, if every life's lesson only cost $7.95, that would be great!!! :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well...it's not over yet. Now that you got it forwarded--watch your stats over the next week or two--see what happens. You never know.

I bought a couple names that had a bunch of links at marketleap--before I even heard of Alexa. Within days of redirecting them--saw a lot of extra traffic. Granted--they were people who spoke no english--looking for Chinese statues--but the traffic still came. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom