Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Alexa question

Status
Not open for further replies.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a possibly stupid question and i am sorry if this has been anwered before, but what is considered to be a good Alexa traffic rating? Is 1,892,831 a good number? How does this number benefit the domain?

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1 million is not good rate..
1# is the best :yahoo..
around 2.000 ( i think is dnforum s rate ) is good..
over 100.000 is not so good
good alexa ranking means a site that has lots of users..in a few words

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ahh, very cool! You live you learn!

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You must remember that the Alexa rankings are very biased. You will find that technology sites fair much better than entertainment sites for example. The ranking a site gets is based upon people visiting that site and also having the alexa toolbar installed. It seems that far more people involved in technology have it installed than your average user.

For example, the site in my signature has a good ranking (around 28,000). But, I have seen entertainment sites that have 5 times the traffic I do that rank around 150,000.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have allsports.gr with rank around 90.000 , i don t think anyone in greece ( .gr ) has alexa toolbar installed...99,9999999 % don t even know alexa...

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a good example...

I have a name that gets a Alexa Ranking of 897,422 and it gets around 70 - 80 uniques a day....and I have another one that has an Alexa Ranking of 425,323 and it gets around 1100 uniques a day. The traffic is not even closed to being half of each other, but the Alexa Rankings saw they are..... Go figure.

Don't get me wrong.....I think Alexa.com is a great tool to have...I wouldn't give it up for anything.;)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNForum rates high, but most members have the alexa toolbar installed. There are a lot more sites that get higher traffic numbers, but the visitors don't have the toolbar installed, so they don't rank. The numbers are tricky.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bottom line - alexa ratings mean nothing
by installing the toolbar yourself when working on your site you can easily better your rating by 2 or 3 times

dont pay any attention to it

you want to be looking at your hosts stats - ie unique visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom