Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Alexa ranking(i never knew)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the smaller the number the better, google is ranked 3rd, not many people go by alexa anymore as its very easy to get a better ranking

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alexa is very unreliable...but being ranked 1,987,583 is pretty crappy...

I can get a site within the top 100,000 in about a week with fake traffic...

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks but what 100.000 means if i see it in a site?

ExYahoo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
thanks but what 100.000 means if i see it in a site?

It means that according to Alexa.com's rating system it is the 100,000st most popular (visited) site.

Of course this is only a guide. Link popularity is a far better indicator of the worth of a domain.

P.S. Be aware that expired domains are generally 'removed' from Google (and lose their PageRank) and other places and have their traffic rank lowered.

This might help you to make a judgement:
http://www.linkfight.com/cgi-bin/compare.cgi?q1=murder-weekends.com&q2=checkdomain.org

For example our comparable domain www.murder-weekends.com gets about 20 clicks a day with a 6.15% CTR (click through rate) where it is parked on sedo.com right now which pays 0.16 Euros per click currently.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I can get a site within the top 100,000 in about a week with fake traffic...
:-O I won't be buying any sites from you.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
:-O I won't be buying any sites from you.

anyone can do it, all you need to do is just install the alexa bar and visit your sites (as you do normally) and you will see your alexa rating getting better, i think the alexa rating is worked out from how many times a user with there tool bar visits a site, thats why most people wont buy a site just based on there alexa rating, and you should always ask to see proof of stats before buying a site :cool:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD - you know as well as anyone that Alexa ranking means nothing...I wouldnt even waste my time on trying to fake Alexa rankings, however, there are basically no anti-cheat mechanisms in place at Alexa, meaning scamming the system is simple and quick.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just kidding with GT... I'm sure his sites have legit stats.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past I had Alexa Toolbar installed for a very short time (1 day) but quickly removed it after reading the incredibly long and invasive sounding privacy policy, by far the most far reaching and most in-depth long privacy policy I have ever seen. I do not recommend anyone using the toolbar over that.

Here is the link to privacy policy, which takes a long time to read:

http://pages.alexa.com/help/privacy.html

p.s. IMO Alexa ranking is of little value since it is heavily weighted toward webmasters, website owners and forum members, which heavily accounts for high rankings of forums boards and webmaster/owner related sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom