Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Alexa Top 100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNOT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I need this list ... anyone want to give it to me for free??? PM me please.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for free? i don't think so buddy..

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are big enough to NEED the list then you are big enough to PAY for the list.

I wonder if alexa offer rewards for reporting pirated distribution, I could always just setup an email forward to sales @ alexa.com and ask people to email me an asking price for the list. Hmm there's an idea.

YNOT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok. $100 US .... Paypal. PM please.

Not a big player ... dealing in dimes and nickels.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LeftRightOut said:
If you are big enough to NEED the list then you are big enough to PAY for the list.

I wonder if alexa offer rewards for reporting pirated distribution, I could always just setup an email forward to sales @ alexa.com and ask people to email me an asking price for the list. Hmm there's an idea.

Interestingly, selling this info is forbidden per Alexa's TOS, but so is even using this information for commercial purposes.

http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/data_terms.html said:
License and Access to Service

Subject to your compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and in consideration of your promises reflected in this Agreement, Alexa grants to you a limited license to make personal use of the Service and, as detailed below in this Agreement, certain business-related, but noncommercial use, of the Alexa Reports and data that you access or order through the Service. Except as otherwise expressly agreed in writing by Alexa, you may not use its Research Reports or data for commercial use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any resale, modification, or commercial use of the Service or any portion thereof, including Alexa Reports and data, and making any derivative works based upon or distributing or copying the Service, except as expressly permitted hereunder. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information of Alexa and its affiliates without express written consent of Alexa. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing the name or trademarks of Alexa and its affiliates without the express written consent of Alexa and its affiliates. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Alexa in this paragraph.

What "personal" purpose could someone possibly have that they would want to spend $999 to purchase this info? Surfing the popular sites? :laugh:

So, I guess he that is without sin (i.e., using this data for commercial purposes) throw the first stone (i.e., "resale" of this information).

(For the record, I do NOT have access to this information -- this is not a solicitation to participate in activities expressly forbidden by this TOS -- only a commentary).

Edit: Upon re-reading the TOS, I see where it says "business-related BUT non-commercial" -- missed this the first time. Sounds like an oxymoron, but I guess much of legalese is double-speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom