Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

All Backordered Names Now Go To Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

justacoder

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All Backordered Names Now Go To *Public* Auction, not just an auction with those that had also back-ordered the domain

Seems like I was the only person who back-ordered a domain, a nice domain, and 1st they up'd the price to $250, then they set the auction to last for 40 days, now another person has appeared as a bidder and I checked and anybody can now add it to their cart and join the bidding.

Isn't this kind of bait and switch?

I have 400 domains back-ordered at snapnames... and bought about 20 there over the last 3 years... wasn't there some kind of implicit contract that I would buy the names that were dropped and they would sell them just to me and the other back-orderers - not to the whole wide world?

Last edited:

mk001

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's rubbish. IMO.

It's just Snapnames' way of charging you as much as possible for your own knowledge and insight.

C

Chuck

It's rubbish. IMO.

It's just Snapnames' way of charging you as much as possible for your own knowledge and insight.

It's like that these days with all of the drop catchers just about. Many users are now priced out of the hunt for those "best" dropping domains because of the auctions.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All Backordered Names Now Go To *Public* Auction, not just an auction with those that had also back-ordered the domain

Wow, if this is true they have basically killed themselves as a backorder service. No one will backorder if anyone can jump in and bid.

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this still the case in 2010? If so, I'm glad I saw this thread and I thank you.

I have a major, major name that is about to be deleted. I'm glad I decided to use pool and namejet, while avoiding snap entirely.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i would also like to know have they changed the rules in 2010 do all name go to public auction ? or have they gone back to the old rules please let me know thanks guys.

Hans.ii

Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like no one available in Snapnames.com to answer these questions.
or they just dont care.
Sad..

lengzai

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to skip the auction process if we place a high bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom