Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

All this pump and dump stuff....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a recent thread, a DNForum member was accused of "pump and dump".
Does anyone here really think someone would sacrifice tens of thousands of dollars in adsense revenue or some other pay per click service, just to make a quick buck ?

How much $$$ would it take for you to risk being shut down by your ppc company?
10,000?
100,000?

Domain Days 2024

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Money makes people do strange things ;-)

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think there are about 5 posts in this thread that needs to be deleted.

Now to the subject at hand.

Pump and Dump:
I think there are people on this forum, that does pump the stats and revenue of domains in order to sell them for a higher margin. To what extent I can not tell you.

Then there are people that just forget to add in the sales thread that they have bought or sent traffic to a domain or forum.

And then we have some real winners that will go click on there own PPC ads thinking there is nothing wrong with that.

We should all as questions to find out why a domain makes money if it does not look reasonable.

I know right now I personally have 2 websites for sales in the developed section, that is making money from me sending Yahoo Publisher traffic to the domains, But I included all information in my sales thread so the buyer will know where the traffic/revenue has came from.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slimcrazy.com said:
I think there are about 5 posts in this thread that needs to be deleted.
They are gone, and sorry, but that member drives me up the wall and never stops. I lost my cool.

Back to thread.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is always going to be the small risk of fraud, which would be true with any sort of business - but it is much easier to pump stats online then commit most types of fraud offline.

Most people aren't going to risk their accounts over click fraud, but then again - what about the people who have been committing it all along, so the majority of their ppc rev is not legit? They really don't have anything to lose and they might as well profit while they can (a comparison would be a reckless criminal who knows he's going to be caught eventually, so why not get away with as much as possible).

I think it's a tricky issue and the only way you can really be safe is by trusting the person, and even this doesn't always work. I know I'm not the only person who has been scammed by a 'nice' guy.

Doing some research is also very smart, like slim said.Why is the domain getting that traffic? Ovt w/ext (even this can be manipulated), is it a popular term on ovt and the search engines? You can use other services such as Adwords to get an idea if there is any real searching for a term which can tell you about type-ins as well.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can also take into consideration that some people may do this for a living and never actually been brought out into the public about it. who knows.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My favorites are the "hot of the presses" revenue.....the 3 day old stuff that is making good money but the domain holder is looking to sell.....wouldn't want to wait and see what you have, would you? Gotta love it. People who are dishonest are found out pretty quickly, so it kind of works itself out. The truly great revenue names are mostly gone, and anyone owning a great revenue would be a fool to sell it at the ridiculous multiples I see. The CellPhones.com name that supposedly sold for 4.2 million and was making $1,300 per day is actually the steal of the year for the buyer...about 8 times earnings.

M

mole

BobDiGiTaL said:
How much $$$ would it take for you to risk being shut down by your ppc company?
10,000?
100,000?

How about 300,000 names each earning $1 per day using a clickbot and huge proxy networks so that creaming off the "pennies from the jar" isn't detectable/trigger the alarm?

PPC fraud is a good way to make money, but the axe will come down eventually :bandit:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about 300,000 names each earning $1 per day using a clickbot and
huge proxy networks so that creaming off the "pennies from the jar" isn't detectable/trigger the alarm?

It can not last long because such traffic will not convert for the advertiser... BTW majority of the selling threads here on DNF is "smelly" and I practically stoped be buying anything here. Couple of days ago I could not resist "250 uniques/day" domain and it is actually 4-5 uniques/day, the rest is just "include" javascripts on many pages. So I will think a lot next time before buying something on a forum...

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
How about 300,000 names each earning $1 per day using a clickbot and
huge proxy networks so that creaming off the "pennies from the jar" isn't detectable/trigger the alarm?

It can not last long because such traffic will not convert for the advertiser... BTW majority of the selling threads here on DNF is "smelly" and I practically stoped be buying anything here. Couple of days ago I could not resist "250 uniques/day" domain and it is actually 4-5 uniques/day, the rest is just "include" javascripts on many pages. So I will think a lot next time before buying something on a forum...

Just like picking fruit at the store.. Theres a lot.. a couple of good ones and a couple of bad ones. Might take a while to sort through them, but there being bad ones don't take away the fact that you want some fruit and you will find a good one eventually. :charming:

Guess if that makes sense

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just like picking fruit at the store..

Yes like this but without vision, touch and smell, only hearing allowed...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
How about 300,000 names each earning $1 per day using a clickbot and huge proxy networks so that creaming off the "pennies from the jar" isn't detectable/trigger the alarm?

PPC fraud is a good way to make money,

How come I feel like you know something we don't know? lol
What's up with them "click bot's" got any extra? :) j/k

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom