Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Allegations of dishonesty etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems some people are not aware of why QuietQuality/LoudQuality has been repeatedly posting abuse and allegations against the forum and members here.

The very first post made by QQ was an out and out attack on member DnProfessional. This was edited, and a full explanation given to QQ both by pm and also in the chat. He apologized and said it wouldn't happen again.

A few days later and he/she did exactly the same thing again - posting yet another thread that was a clear cut personal attack on DnPowerful - again this was edited.

QQ then decided to go into meltdown. posting no end of abuse in the chat and by PM including [snipped] (these were witnessed by several people in the chat) - all this because their abusive posts were edited.

This is simply a case of someone with an agenda not liking their posts being edited when they clearly have no other reason to be here than to cause trouble for everyone.

I would trust that most members here, certainly those who have been here a while, can see through this childish tantrum. With any anonymous system you get people who will abuse it for their own ends and show a lack of regard for every other user here.

Just thought I'd clear this up for those of you that were unsure.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
...posting no end of abuse in the chat and by PM including [snipped] (these were witnessed by several people in the chat) - all this because their abusive posts were edited.

The authorities take very seriously any threat against a person's life, so maybe this should be reported to them. Thanks for the update safesys.

Those of us who know you, safe, are well aware of your reputation for honesty and fairplay.

Thanks for the update on the situation.

Dan and the mods run a great forum here, and it's unfortunate that the occasional unstable individual can cause such a disturbance.

Miles

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namethink
Those of us who know you, safe, are well aware of your reputation for honesty and fairplay.

Thanks for the update on the situation.

Dan and the mods run a great forum here, and it's unfortunate that the occasional unstable individual can cause such a disturbance.

Miles

I second third fourth fifth sixth etc that :)

M

mole

Keep up the good work guys.

This is probably the best domain name discussion board on planet earth, and the better it gets, the more attacks you will get from jealous individuals.

Safe, Snoops and Matt, thanks for making all of us feel safe in this neck of the internet.

Dan, we support you 100%.

M

mole

Dunno.

Hey goh, you know that it is cheesy to ask such things :rolleyes:

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I propose we all quaff a cold one in honor to the DNF mods for admirable work under pressure the past few days. Let's hope we all get through today without another attack.

Cheers to the Mods!!

:cool:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotsofdomains
I propose we all quaff a cold one in honor to the DNF mods for admirable work under pressure the past few days. Let's hope we all get through today without another attack.

Cheers to the Mods!!

:cool:

Hear, hear! dots. Keep up the great work Dan and the Mods! Pop, fizz, glug glug. Hic.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

Hear, hear! dots. Keep up the great work Dan and the Mods! Pop, fizz, glug glug. Hic.

Response: You are now drunk, please spend some time regging domain names :D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hehe...63 character .org names here I come, hic.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greetings,

the accasional frustrated domainer who is impolite rude and agressive is one thing and we should in fact feel sympathy for them as they are not happy people and thier worst punsihment is being them.

the individual who makes a threat even in jest is a whole different animal. Recently people have been jailed for prank theats with no malicious intent but made a costly mistake.

in this enviorment with the terroristic threats facing everyone the idea of threating anyone should be measured with the grasp of the severe consequences should the right actions be taken.

I am not up to speed on penalites for electronic threats but am sure there are some existing or in the works.

and its a lot eaiser to prove.

Anyone who makes threats of bodily harm should be reported to the proper authorites as a forum rule.

just my opinion could be wrong

M

MattyP

Great idea to explain things safe.

To the members that have posted support to safe and the other mods, thanks.

95% of members need to accept a pat on the back too.
This thread made me think about those that have emailed me or PM'ed me after I have edited or less often deleted their threads/posts.

After explaining my actions, all but one, and they eventually came around, have understood the position I took and no ill feeling was noted.

I have no problems with anyone that seeks to clarify why I may have edited/deleted/moved a thread or post of theirs. Even mods make mistakes, heaven forbid, and discussion can resolve points.

The info gained and the friends met on this board have been very rewarding personally.

Matt

I echo what Matty is saying, without all the good people here it wouldn't be worth spending the time moderating it.

Its all of you that make this site what it is - not just the mods and dan - its everyone. So when someone is abusive/offense they are offending everyone that has contributed here - not just the person they are aiming their post at.

There are a million and one places people can go and shout and play tough in - but there are very few open domain discussion boards that are worth spending time at imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom