Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Allowable whois data

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Due to privacy concerns (not for illegal purposes) I'd like to change my whois data to not use my name, company name, or phone numbers. Maybe use a title, PO BOX, and a voicemail phone number. On the other hand, I've heard that in the USA there is pending or recent legislation that is designed to punish people for not using real data.

Has anyone here been tracking this issue? If so, do you have links to guidelines that are acceptable for USA citizens/entities?

Any help would be appreciated.

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bocajohnh said:
Due to privacy concerns (not for illegal purposes) I'd like to change my whois data to not use my name, company name, or phone numbers. Maybe use a title, PO BOX, and a voicemail phone number. On the other hand, I've heard that in the USA there is pending or recent legislation that is designed to punish people for not using real data.

Has anyone here been tracking this issue? If so, do you have links to guidelines that are acceptable for USA citizens/entities?

Any help would be appreciated.

I keep getting notices saying that I must have correct info. I'm sure they are working on some sort of legislation.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bocajohnh said:
Maybe use a title, PO BOX, and a voicemail phone number

As long as these are genuine I see no problem, what is actively discouraged is false information.
However I am not in the US, I have not been tracking the issue and I am not a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom