Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Alpha Test New Web 2.0 Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve been quietly working on a new Web 2.0 news service called Scoopr.

What it does is constantly collect news articles from over 4,000 different news sources. Once it does that it analyzes the article to find out the story behind it. From there it finds out what story is getting the most press and automatically pushes that story to the top.

We are still in our early development but would like to get your take on it. So we are opening up the service to the public for a few days (only posting it here for now though) in a hope of getting some feedback from you guys.

Let us know what you think of the idea/concept, the design/layout, the AJAX effects, anything. Let us know what you think we could do to improve the service, from the little things to the big.

If you create an account you will be allowed to continue using the service once it is again closed to the public. Although your access will not be guaranteed as we may shut it down from time-time during development.

Head over to: http://alpha.scoopr.net

David

Domain Days 2024

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello David,

It looks like a very good idea..well executed as well... however there are a few points I would like to recommend you change. It's only my opinion however I have developed many sites.

*Remove the open / closing box effect for the login. I dont want to wait to be able to login to a site.

*Remove the fading page effect when switching pages... It just adds bulk to the page size and adds no real benefit.

*The Learn more link on the upper left... I would simply make this refer to: scoopr.net/l.htm or whatever technology you are using /l.aspx etc... And then have this page explain all about who and what your service is all about instead of that open/closing box thing again. Again this adds more bytes for a user to have to download on each and every page.

The slimmer you keep the pages the faster they download for people and the more they love your site long as the content is good. You have great content as its news.. and its unique as the popular articles bubble to the top of the list.

So, hope you dont mind some constructive critism...Good luck with your site!

-Matt

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

And no, don't mind one bit, exactly what I'm looking for.

I've actually taken some of the steps you noted. Such as the login button. I made it drop down a lot quicker, the same goes with Join.

The site didn't take long to load did it?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom