Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Am I breaking the rules by doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In my Parked account I have my domains set using the inquiry form, Ever since I did this, I've been receiving inquiries almost everyday. Not inquires from people wanting to buy my domain but rather inquires from stupid people who think it's a functioning web site.

I would always just delete them, but lately I got the idea of doing something else, If they were looking for a product or service that can be found by clicking on one of the links, I would reply back and suggest they try the links listed on the page.

Does this violate Parked policy?

Thanks

namenut

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea .... I'm not sure you can email an affiliate link .... is that what it is?
That would not be considered type in traffic and I'm pretty sure they can tell if it's
a link in an email versus originating from the URL ...... Hmmmm I dunno ... but I'm
now I'm curious and tuning in for the answer.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats a good question - Parking rules usually state you cant direct people to click on ad links like adsense - but, If it was an affiliate type site i think you would be ok to direct people to a specific product/service. The customer in the end will make the decission to make the final purchase.

i think i depends on how you get paid - if its PPC i would say maybe no, if its an affiliate site where you get paid after a purchase i would say maybe yes.

just my opinion/guess

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a basic Parked PPC page... And I don't provide any links in the emails, I simply suggest they return to the page and visit the links posted to find what their looking for.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes you're not allowed to do that.

That's like someone asking a question here and giving them an answer by going to visit one of my parked websites. You can't advertise a parked page and tell people to click.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the idea of the rule is for the traffic to real, I agree with theInvestor you would be breaking the parking rules.

JMO

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Investor, I'm not advertising my parked pages. Don't know where you got that idea.

Stewie, The traffic IS real, These are visitors who come to my parked page on their own free will and choose to use the inquiry form to submit a question... If the answer to their question can be found by visiting the links on my page, what is so wrong with me directing that person back to the page to visit the links?

I cant think of one good reason why this should not be done in the situation I presented.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Investor, I'm not advertising my parked pages. Don't know where you got that idea.

Stewie, The traffic IS real, These are visitors who come to my parked page on their own free will and choose to use the inquiry form to submit a question... If the answer to their question can be found by visiting the links on my page, what is so wrong with me directing that person back to the page to visit the links?

I cant think of one good reason why this should not be done in the situation I presented.

Thanks

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afaik parking companies do not allow you to tell people to click on links.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you have directed them to your parking page.... ask a parking company but I will still say IMO it breaks the rules.

They did not go to your parking page of their own free will. They went to your first page on their own free will and filled out a form and then you lead them or directed them to your parking page.

JMO- but check with your parking company... or maybe someone from the Parking companies can chime in and answer it here.

*Raider- just so you know this is just my thoughts, I wish/or hope you did find a great way of increasing Parking rev. We all want that.

Thanks
Stewie

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probaly a waste of time responding to the enquiries you get or wasting time thinking about it.

if however the product/service area is a potentially lucrative one, and if you think you are getting a signficant number of enquiries, then the question you should be asking yourself a question.

But instead of wasting your time asking "What should I do with the enquiries?" you should be asking "Is this domain worth developing to make some real money?"

IMHO
:)

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How exactly are you not advertising your parking page? You get an inquiry through your parked page and then you direct them to your OWN parked page.

Tell me what am i missing in this information ??? If they wanted to click on your parked page they click on their own. You can't tell them to click.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about setting up an auto responder email with an affiliate link?

For instance, if they're inquiring about job openings, you could send a response back with an offer that pays you for signups to a job board. There is probably an offer for just about any niche that you could monetize this way and its 100% legit as long as the offers allow email traffic.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you respond with an affiliate link its fine since they made the enquiry and you are just responding with information they actually want.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they were looking for a product or service that can be found by clicking on one of the links, I would reply back and suggest they try the links listed on the page.

This would be a conflict with parking policy as you are encouraging them to click parked links.

-=DCG=-

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This would be a conflict with parking policy as you are encouraging them to click parked links.

-=DCG=-

Point well made........ But saying that I'm "encouraging" clicks is a matter of how you look at it. Let's say I have a modeling domain, and a visitor lands on my PPC page seeking information on how to become a model, The page has several links that provide that very information, but maybe it's not noted in the links, so she opts to use the inquiry form instead in hopes of finding what she's looking for, What is so wrong with replying back to that person and saying you can find all the information you need by visiting the links on the page?

Based on this scenario, I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

I know theirs a lot of abuse in PPC, but I don't see this as abuse at all... I see it as no different as a customer walking into my store, not finding what he wants, and asking me where he can find it... You can find that on isle 12.

How exactly are you not advertising your parking page? You get an inquiry through your parked page and then you direct them to your OWN parked page.

Tell me what am i missing in this information ??? If they wanted to click on your parked page they click on their own. You can't tell them to click.

The two pages are one of the same... The parked pages are PPC pages... They land on my parked.com page, use the inquiry form, and I direct them back to the same parked.com page... Not too difficult to understand.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If your traffic originates from any sources other than type-in and search engine traffic, you will not be entitled to payment as per this Agreement.

READ THE TOS - If you can't understand this maybe you can ask the question to your account representative. It is straight forward. Do you just like to argue?

You can't REDIRECT traffic to a parked page. PERIOD.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are tons of offers related to modeling/acting - why waste time with ppc revenue when you can respond with a an agency affiliate link that pays $10-30 for an inquiry or profile creation?

Check out who is advertising on your PPC landers and see if those sites have affiliate programs and cut out the middle man. Keeps your nose clean and makes you more money.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are tons of offers related to modeling/acting - why waste time with ppc revenue when you can respond with a an agency affiliate link that pays $10-30 for an inquiry or profile creation?

Check out who is advertising on your PPC landers and see if those sites have affiliate programs and cut out the middle man. Keeps your nose clean and makes you more money.

Your RIGHT, this is exactly what I should be doing.... I guess the reason I haven't done this is because every inquiry is different, and seeking out the right affiliate link maybe more trouble than it's worth.

You can't REDIRECT traffic to a parked page. PERIOD

Doesn't the visitor have to be in one location and then directed to another location for that to be called "Redirecting"?

That didn't happen.. The visitor is being directing BACK to the original PPC page they used to contact me.... Explain to me how that is Re-directing?

And I'm not arguing, it's kind of hard to argue with someone who hasn't made a valid point yet.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is from parked TOS

Permitted, compensated traffic can originate from two sources only:
  1. type in (direct navigation) traffic and
  2. existing search engine results/expired traffic.
If this is over your head then i am done with you.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the issue here is that the traffic she is getting originated via type in or Search/expired ...not any type of shady re-direct. So I think it is a valid question... but why would you ever want to send them back to the page that did not help them in the first place? - just not a smart move IMO.

I get quite a few of these type of inquiries, but I utilize the lead as a much more valuable source than just the random visitor...it would be a waste to have them go back to the page for a 2 cent click (which may or may not even happen and they may have already done this)....not the best way to use a real lead who has gone the extra distance to contact me. I communicate with this visitor and send them options via affiliate partners or just a good faith referral....additionally, I give them the option of having them receive better offers/deals as I get them...many visitors I have communicated with have agreed to receive more correspondence from me which results in consistent sales. I have a domain that deals with welding machine rentals that I now have a supplier who directly gives me 20% for each good lead. I do 2 or 3 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom