Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Am I getting poor PPC results for this domain? Need parking experts insight here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Not sure if this should be in the Sedo.com forum, since the domain is parked with Sedo. If the Mods think that's the proper place, feel free to move it.

The domain I have is Money.mn. I've had it parked for maybe 8 or 9 days. In that time I have 372 views, 55 clicks = 6.90$ in revenue.

Now, i'm very new to the parking industry, so I don't know if this is a good PCC return on a good keyword in a ccTLD.

I have the keyword for the page listed as "money". The site is getting a decent amount of clicks, but the payout seems pretty paltry. Is this probably a case of me not optimizing properly, or just sedo giving low PPC's for the domain?

Any input would be appreciated. I'd rather not waste a decent earning domain due to my lack of information.

Thanks again!

Jay

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.mn = Mongolia

How many Monolains speak English? How many financial companies would want to advertise to people from Mongolia and how much would they be willing to pay per visitor?

The answers to those questions are pretty obvious.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something then.

The links on that site are all North American based, so why would it matter what country the user is from when they click on the link?

If we both have links on our parked page to newyorktimes, and we both had a finanical domain but your was a .com and mine was a .ws, or something else, for example, you would get more per click because your traffic is North American?

I know .mn is picking up for the state of Minnesota as well. I wasn't aware that if two people clicked on the same link on a parked page, and one user was in Canada and the other in Jamaica, that the person in Canada would automatically generate more revenue for the click, even if it was the Jamaican that ended up purchasing something from the link.

Jay

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am saying since it is a Mongolian extension at least a large chunk of the visitors are probably from that region. SEDO (and most other PPC's) pay very little for Asian visitors.

End of story, its really quite simple.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I very much doubt a Mongolian who can't speak english is going to type in money.mn into his browser!

though - from wikipedia - "Furthermore, the Mongolian government has worked to encourage the learning of English as a second language by having it replace the teaching of Russian in schools."

Still a nomadic-semi-nomadic people probably are not the most wired in people in the world.

Try adding some more money related keywords like loan, credit, capital, mortgage etc and see what happens.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain I have is Money.mn. I've had it parked for maybe 8 or 9 days. In that time I have 372 views, 55 clicks = 6.90$ in revenue.

Are you joking when you wonder if that is good for a domain with the little known .mn extension?

Over 3,000 views and almost 200 clicks a month and almost $30 in revenue (actually good too) is extremely difficult to understand with such an obscure extension and a parked page. Even if it was a website with good content and ranked in the Serps it would be good.

P.S. Where in the world does the traffic come from? Do Mongolians even use the English word Money?

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no idea where the traffic comes from. I'm pretty new to this so some of the stuff you guys already know, as common knowledge, I don't yet.

My guess is that it was dev'd at one point and then dropped, so maybe there are old links to it or it's populated in some search engine, no clue.

I woudln't assume most of them could not speak english if they keep clicking on the links.

Can you add more then one keyword to a domain on Sedo. So for instance, I have "money" right now, but could I put "money, mortgage, loan, credit"?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I honestly don't know the answer. Thanks for the clarification GT!

Jay

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would advice you to select a better template and a picture for your name. From experience Sedo's Lite doesn't do much good for my finance related domains but that is just my opinion.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you get the domain reg-fee? If you did you are doing amazingly well. A domain making $25 a month is worth about $1k. I think your sedo revenue is fine.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reg'd it yes, although I was a bit surprised a keyword like that was around since the registry for .mn has been around for quite awhile actually.

Thanks for the information guys, everything that was posted has been usefull to me.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom