Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Am I safe to buy these Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylercruz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I found two domains available for registering, (.net and .org), and was wondering what legalites could ensue if I purchased them.

The domain contains the company name in them, and the entire domain is a type of product they make. Please note that the product is probably rarely purchased online.

Now, I realize that since their company name is in the domain, that this alone probably gives them the rights to it, by my intention was to purchase the domain either for reselling, or else to make into a 'fan site', of this particular product, which is extremely famous, and perhaps make a buck or two by adding AdSense.

I would place the obvious "Unofficial" and "This site is not affiliated or associated with <Company name>..etc." disclaimers throughout, and my thoughts are that since this is a site promoting and 'celebrating' this product, that they should have no problem with it?

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

JoDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By using any kind of advertising means that you are using their fame, trademarks, and products to gain "commercial profit".

I would say it's very risky and doesn't worth the trouble. Trademarks are always something to avoid.

tylercruz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thing is.. this domain name I want to get has turned into a 'household' and 'generic' name, even though it contains the company name...

I guess I should avoid it... it's just that it's such a waste for these 2 domains to go to waste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom