Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Am I the only one to believe on .mobi domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmattos

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please tell us your opinion and why do you think like this.
I believe they'll have their value recognized in 2-3 years, I know that some websites like google and weather.com recognizes if you're using a mobile on a PC and shows the appropriate content, but if the mobile manufacturers put .mobi as a default, as many users won't know how to change or even if its simple to access websites .mobi, don't you think the .mobi will be a good domain?

PS: That's the question that i ask myself everyday, why google and other recognized companies would put their name in a thing that won't work? Don't you think their image would be affected or in your opinion they'll take the risk to win few dollars.

Domain Days 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.mobi (moby?, mobe?, mobie?, Mobee?) will be the first extenstion to have mispellings. That's assuming anyone would ever use it...which I doubt.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see .mobi doing much...Although I would put it ahead of .name.

regcheap

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whether the .mobi extension will succeed in becoming a valuable and mainstream extension is yet to be seen, all we can hope for is that the pre-registrations and landrush don't turn out to be as much of a farce as .eu

jdomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i back-ordered a few but only out of need to protect trademark .. i don't see it going anywhere major

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) It has no purpose. Such sites can be built under AND TLD, and the device can be auto-detected to send the correctly formatted HTML for the device. .MOBI "has no reason to live", as that old saon "short people" says.

2) NOT easy to remember or spell, as pointed out earlier.

.INFO has the biggest upside potential right now, and it's still affordable.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about .tel ? Seems that ICANN will allow a company to create any extension nowadays as long as they put up a large sum of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom