Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Amazon Cancels Affiliate Contracts With Illinois Residents

Status
Not open for further replies.

yewhoo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was notified today by email from Amazon.com that if your an affiliate of the Amazon Associates program and live in the state of Illinois. Amazon has cancelled affiliate contracts with all Illinois residents due to the new law signed by Governor Quinn requiring Amazon to collect sales tax for all affiliates who live in the state.

rmbdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow, thats a bummer for anyone in Illinois with amazon affiliate sizes.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I live in Illinois and Amazon has been warning me since the beginning of the year about this so it shouldn't be that big of a surprise to others in Illinois.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That must be at least a half-dozen states or more now including my NC.

Amazon was to fight this in Colorado. Have not heard any updates.

One measure that was recently struck down was requiring Amazon to withhold sales tax on all products sold to NC state residents. Somehow, and surprisingly, this was not passed in the state house. I have not been able to find out a great deal of information as to why the sudden change. I wonder if Amazon was throwing out the idea that they would stop shipping to NC if the state required them to collect sales tax?

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just read about this. Really stupid when governors like this do things to hurt business in their state.

DrewryMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's pretty messed up that they are now clamping down on affiliates and implementing new affiliate laws of all kinds in certain states. I'm thankful I don't live in Illinois, or New York, because I think I would go crazy , especially thinking that I would have to go back to the employment line, to look for a day job, since all these spontaneous affiliate laws are now quickly being put into place. Oh well...life goes on!

JamesDavid

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, as an Illinois resident I can tell you our Governor might be the most out of touch resident in the state... Our State Tax was raise 66% this year taking an additional 2% of our paychecks, now this, and to top everything off they are spending more now that they tax more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom