Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

American Mensa, Ltd. v. Alan Heigl et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2005/d2005-0068.html

http://www.millcityrecords.com/mndensa/

I spend a long time reading this page above, and can to the conclusion that Mensa does not mean you are smart, but rather crazy!

First they signed an agreement with this guy then they let another start a new site, and the new guy created a page that had a lot of errors, then they fight the first one for the domain, and he updates the records to show the group's name, Minnesota Mensa, but that was not good enough for their lawyer, and they go through with the WIPO, and win, but for what? Do they really want the typo guy running the website of a mensa group? The irny in it is that this is a group that requires a high IQ to join.

First of all, Mensa is not an acronym. It is the Latin word meaning "table," and it indicates that all members are equal. (Remember King Arthur’s Round Table?) Of course, some are more equal than others, because those who become involved and participate in the multitude of activities Mensa offers get the most from the society. The sole requirement for membership in Mensa is a score in the top 2 percent of the population on any standard intelligence test or the equivalent (130 on the Wechsler scale, 132 on the Stanford-Binet, 1250 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test after 1977).

Because this is the only criterion for membership, the diversity of human beings in Mensa is immense. Members include authors, executives, carpenters, dancers, physicists, students, and many other kinds of people. You can well imagine the interest and fun generated when Mensans get together at a gathering (the official term). The talk can range over all and any subjects. One has the pleasure of hearing from an intelligent expert in a field other than one’s own. There is the delight in recognizing a new idea, a new concept, or a new outlook on an old theme. And there is just plain fun. Mensans love to play games of all kinds — computer games, word games, logic games, silly games

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brains at battle.com is still available for registration. I think it has a good ring to it.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought battleofthebrains.com was better but the smarter ones already took that, I guess I never be invited to Mensa. Schucks.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah it does....either way they both lost. One chaper lost the site and the organization spend cash on legal fees....

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
I thought battleofthebrains.com was better but the smarter ones already took that, I guess I never be invited to Mensa. Schucks.

battleofthebrainlessDOTcom is still available. :-D

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
davezan1 said:
battleofthebrainlessDOTcom is still available. :-D

Yes that would be a more suitable name for this case. We all should pitch in and offer the site to them. lol

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a Mensa chapter webmaster myself, but I use a logical subdomain of mensa.org supplied by the parent organization, so my site will never get in the middle of a domain dispute.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi dan, I have read some of your sites a long time ago on domain extentions.

so what do you think of this case? I would think the groups shouls all have like mn.mensa.org and the "parent organization" should have registered mnmensa.org and directed it to that sub if they wanted, but why fight the webmaster you have assigned to get the job done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom