Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

An established site already exists, what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over last year I bought several drops in relation to a community I wanted to create and had them point to the domain (keywordkeywords).org. The community never took off and I had several other projects that I worked on.

I recently decided to start it back up again but decided to check on a common 3-letter.com acronym for the industry and noticed it pointed to (keywords.com). The site isn't bad and the community is very active plus the site seems ethical, it is extremely close to what I wanted to do.

I really don't want to compete with this community, it is well established (been around for years just has poor SEO (but this has improved in the past year)). I do not think I could even come close to this site so I'm giving up on the project.

So, what do I do? I think I may keep a few of the domains but let many of the hand-reggies expire and maybe I could just point them to one of my existing sites that is related (like pointing ModelT.com to HenryFord.com).

I'm currently moving them over to parked (it's a slow process with 1&1's poor domain management) to test the real traffic and if there is any traffic.

Any other suggestions? Just an SEO packed mini site with adsense? Point to my other sites? Develop anyway and compete? Just park?

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, you know what they say about a better mousetrap. And I remember hearing that McDonalds and Burger King always look to move into an area where the other is already. They don't see each other as competition in this regard, so much as the fact that both are there generating extra interest that each can feed off. Anyway, you probably have your own idea of the site that will be different from the other one. IMHO and all that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom