Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNN confirmed that the bidder name was halvarez.

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder about the names in question, not to mention the lost ppc revenue...

CCD

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I find funny is how they down play 5% SINCE 2005!

Affected a small pertenage my ass, do you realize what 5% makes up! The refund is a joke too 5% to affected parties, really my 4 or 5 figure name was just affected by 5% because of this employees actions?

They should refund, at the very least, the top bid from this shiller's account that he participated in. Thats a hell of a lot more than 5%.

This is terrible news.

:eek:

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Few points:

1. I informed SnapNames.com about this on multiple occasions. They always replied "No". I have those emails from them.
2. If I'm correct it was more than one bidder.
3. That email from them is disrespectful. An employee had no interest to do this for himself as he did not receive the money from the auction. This is a lie they wont' be able to explain in court.
4. I want the bidders name/names exposed, so we can all verify our own auctions.
5. I want the money back. The difference between my last bid and the last valid bid.
6. They are not transparent. Someone is probably pressing them with a law suit.
7. I will sue if I do not get the above.

On top of all this, this is not the only company doing this. There is another company doing this on small domains in 2 different ways.

Now, this case is easy, because the guy was in the company. What about a deal where a guy is "outside" the company working for the company by bidding up? Ever though of that one?

This is pure fraud on a big scale.

BTW, HAlvarez was in every auction. I'm suing them. I have the documentation.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW it was the guy in almost all the auctions, the little prick you suddenly was second bidder on everything and forced a purchase and so on. How did they not know this for years now?

I mean if a bidder is ALWAYS in your stuff and you dont trace or track the source?

I smell pure BS here, I am not a huge conspiracy guy but this has cover up all over it.

I can not even imagine how many millions of dollars were forced by that user, this has class action lawsuit all over it!

Additionally whoever wrote that press release up explaining the situation needs to go back to deception 101 or just thinks were are all idiots.

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, they would force me into auctions by back ordering with me as well and creating 2 bidders. This is the ultimate fraud I will prosecute.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I find funny is how they down play 5% SINCE 2005!

Affected a small pertenage my ass, do you realize what 5% makes up! The refund is a joke too 5% to affected parties, really my 4 or 5 figure name was just affected by 5% because of this employees actions?

For damn sure they know ALL the auction he bid in and EXACTLY by how much, 5%, who's the theif?
I must agree with this. With all the complaints I have seen on DNF and other sites regarding SnapNames issues, I think 5% could be minor consequence. From 200%??? If I give them the benefit of doubt here by saying it was 100,000 auctions per year, that's 15,000 auctions affected.

Plus, if this person won, who knows if he bid up the amount 200%, 300%, or 500% what the auction would have went for?

The bottom line - this is still money in their pocket and 5% is a joke.

Perhaps this should be brought to the attention of the FTC and Department of Commerce. This is internet fraud - period!

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was this Jeremy Caines (HAlvarez) from SnapNames?

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy moly donut shop...

I remember reading through countless pages on the forums of people complaining about halvarez and thinking this couldn't be true, can't believe this is really the case... but than again nothing really surprises me lately...

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received this e-mail from Snapnames and I must say; Snapnames handled the situation in a perfect way. Kudos to Snapnames!

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't, I'm asking if Jeremy Caines is HAlvarez.
pcproffenno, SnapNames did not handle this perfectly. SnapNames is fraud.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received this e-mail from Snapnames and I must say; Snapnames handled the situation in a perfect way. Kudos to Snapnames!

I wouldn't go as far as to calling this perfect, perfect would of been stopping it when it first happened or when countless people contacted them about the issue..

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to calling this perfect, perfect would of been stopping it when it first happened or when countless people contacted them about the issue..

Well, this has obviously been an on-going situation and as in any major corporation you can't take proper action before you have proof on the table.

It could be handled even better of course, but I think Snapnames does it quite well by offering to pay back the differencials with an interest rate.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SnapNames must enable to see all bidding history with bidders in there.
BTW, the guy is not at fault here, it is SnapNames.com. He had no personal interest of doing this as he did not receive anything for it. I can not find a reason. Also, I have few emails from SnapNames that prove they are lying and they tolerate the behavior of HAlvarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators