Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

An Important Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Hello Everyone,

As some of you know I'm responsible (In Part) for preventing parking fraud at Sedo. Unfortunately, because our inudstry is so lucrative, there are those who would drive everyone's abilty to make money through PPC programs into the ground for their own short term gain. To prevent that we have to make sure that the traffic we send to our advertising partner is natural and targeted traffic that will convert for their sponsors. Traffic that they will see value in and want to pay us all more for down the road.

To accomplish this we regularly audit traffic to filter out the bad apples I mentioned above. I'm writing this just to give everyone a warning that we'll be doing so again. If anyone here receives a warning or a enquiry about their traffic, over the next few days, that you have concerns about please email me or send me a pm and I'll gladly sort it out with you myself.

Jay Finnan
Director of Customer Relations
Sedo.com LLC
[email protected]

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. And yes, click fraud hurts us all and nonconverting traffic is not much different then click fraud. I personaly have a few names still with Sedo and you are doing a good job.

S

SedoCoUk

namestrands said:
Is this anything to do with the recent announcement about google being sued for click fraud?

Though it doesn't have anything to do with that specific case it is related in that we're trying to prevent click fraud before it becomes a problem for our advertisers down the road.

Jay
[email protected]

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
fair play.. it hurts us all this clicking thing :)

Sad to say but I have to agree. Only thing they can do is find those doing this and shut them down to make it cleaner for those, like us, who send legitimate clicks and traffic to the advertisers

zhoubinvip

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it is fair for advertising partner to keep touch with people who publish the ads!

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Weeding out the bogus traffic should increase the value of legitimate clicks. Just hope some good domainers are not hurt in the process.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom