Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

and when i turn around, they r gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sometimes i take my time pondering about certain names, i leave them unregistered for a day or two, and when i come back resigned 2 get them - they r already gone registered by someone else %+|

does that ever happens 2 u?

its frustrating, and it always gives me that empty feeling in the stomach as if i just missed something very important %+|

oh the feeling..

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, that has happened to me quite a bit! :-(

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yup happened to me as well :(

Have to move on though :)

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
it always gives me that empty feeling in the stomach as if i just missed something very important %+|

i dunno, i'm not a medical guy but i think the above ^ feeling can qualify as some kind of 'mental condition' typical in people who do these or similar kinds of things.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heh.. yeah.. that's happened to me a few times! ;)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think thats happened to everyone. I know I could kick myself for a few domains.

M

mole

Moral of the story, register first, regret later :) I have 2 accounts at eNom, one for the names that will go with me to the grave, the other for grave mistakes. I just push my rubbish names to the second account once my senses return and let them expire.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
i dunno, i'm not a medical guy but i think the above ^ feeling can qualify as some kind of 'mental condition' typical in people who do these or similar kinds of things.

It's called domainivitis - unfortunately there is no known cure :-D

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well yesterday someone bought a name with 5000 overture that ive been inquiring about through greatdomains for $85 :p

You can't imagine how upset I am :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
Well yesterday someone bought a name with 5000 overture that ive been inquiring about through greatdomains for $85 :p

You can't imagine how upset I am :)
I don't quite understand...

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
I don't quite understand...
5000 overture WITH extension.

I can't imagine it being true.

But he said so numerous times..

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i had at least five name gone this way in the past 14 days alone.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains are kind of like a stock portfolio. You change it over time and refine which what you want to keep for the long term. Diversification has been the name of the game during the past year and already is showing a more than 50-5000% return on investment. I don't think that you can go wrong registering any name that is decent. The worst is you can loose is the registration fee but most times you could sell on the forum and obtain at least some of that back if it's a halfway decent name. Many names I have waited on and ended up wishing I had bought later. I can think of at least 50 or so off the top of my head. When someone else has the name then you are either going to have to offer to buy the name or wait till it drops in the future which most likely won't happen. Gives me a very sick feeling like I missed out on something. So rather than regret it go with your gut feeling. The best thing that I have found to do is that if you are on a budget then make a list of names even get a second opinion and leave the so-so names for last. Chances are if it's any domain with any kind of overture ranking (without extension) one of the offshore trust companies is going to grab it before long or someone within that niche market who is a smart player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom