Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Annual Whois Update Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

Am I the only one who gets a Annual Whois Update Notification from Moniker customer service every day? This has been going on for the past several months and emails won't stop it. There's nothing wrong with my 'whois' information but the update notifications keep coming.

jrzeygirl, can you help me with this? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Such emails are sending almost all the registrars, it's just a notice.

H

H2FC

Such emails are sending almost all the registrars, it's just a notice.

I understand....but I estimate I've received at least 100 or more notices within the last few months. Each time I receive one it has one or more domains I own listed. I own almost 1000 domains, all with moniker and apparently they are just going down the list. By the time they recognize all of them I guess they will just start all over again. Its beginning to get aggravating.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand....but I estimate I've received at least 100 or more notices within the last few months. Each time I receive one it has one or more domains I own listed. I own almost 1000 domains, all with moniker and apparently they are just going down the list. By the time they recognize all of them I guess they will just start all over again. Its beginning to get aggravating.

Hey H2FC - Moniker is required by ICAAN to send the notices. The reason for ALL the emails is because all your domains expire at different times. By ICAAN rules, you need to be notified however unfortunately, there is no way for Moniker to stop the notifications as then we wouldn’t be ICAAN compliant.

I’m sorry. I can only imagine how aggravating it is. I wish there was something I could do to assist but unfortunately I can't wave my magic wand and make this one go away! :sigh2:

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get them. And they send them for one domain at a time...

H

H2FC

Hey H2FC - Moniker is required by ICAAN to send the notices. The reason for ALL the emails is because all your domains expire at different times. By ICAAN rules, you need to be notified however unfortunately, there is no way for Moniker to stop the notifications as then we wouldn’t be ICAAN compliant.

I’m sorry. I can only imagine how aggravating it is. I wish there was something I could do to assist but unfortunately I can't wave my magic wand and make this one go away! :sigh2:

It just doesn't make sense....if ICAAN requires this for all domains registered then ALL the registrars must be sending out notices for every domain name they have registered thru them. That would require hundreds of millions of notification emails with many owners like myself getting hundreds or thousands of the same email depending on how many domains they have registered.

I would like to hear from other domains on this subject, especially from ones who register with other registrars such as GoDaddy or others. I find it hard to believe ICANN...or Moniker, whichever one is to blame for this, is really this stupid.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Enom has it together, they send 1 notice in bulk.

I get probably 1 or 2 once a month.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just create a filter in your email program to send them to the trash automatically.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just create a filter in your email program to send them to the trash automatically.

I don't know how Moniker works, but what if the email contains a link to verify contact information?... Failure to verify contact information could very well lead to the Registrar stripping you of your domains, This happened to me at NS.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No link, just a reminder to make sure things are up to date.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how Moniker works, but what if the email contains a link to verify contact information?... Failure to verify contact information could very well lead to the Registrar stripping you of your domains, This happened to me at NS.

NS ripped you off. If whois is correct then you don't need to verify anything.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have them set at Domainsite to send out at 15 day intervals from 75 days out.
75days, 65days so twice a month there.

Moniker seems to send them out two weeks before name expires.

A bulk option of 1 or 2 a month sounds like the right way to go.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NS ripped you off. If whois is correct then you don't need to verify anything.

My email address was not correct, and they locked the domain as a result, My fault... The point is, I dont think it's a good idea to filter the verification emails they send you, They could change them at any time where you will have to click a link to verify the whois info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom