Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Another Ebay Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and what is the relation between the item and the images?

chris1906

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buth they will never sell these domains at that price. If that was the case I would be living now in Aruba or Thailand. The only one who gets better from this is ebay.

inspiration100

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love ebay, but I hate it when people dont use logic.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rawkinrich said:
Some ppl are crazy..
Like a fox? While true, some ppl are crazy, I rarely take anything at face value. The publicity stunt is alive and well and always willing to take folks for a ride. The fellow has racked up about 312 notches on his counter and is getting free links.

~ Nexus

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
seems some people dont live in the real world :laugh:
'Real world'? Man, didn't you know that "the world as we know it is moving toward being entirely based on the Internet?? Maybe that vanishing of the 'real' world is the reason for these type of auctions? :-D

BTW, as for that same 4-letter auction that I am referring to above, they "are selling this domain name at the opening bid of $3,500 USD".
Then why the heck is there a BuyItNow of $15,000, if it will be sold for $3,500 anyway!? :wink:

Provide And Prosper,
Rob

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rob,

i think this will explain it.. i clicked on their user score and the last 2 items they sold were titled...

Drug / Narcotic Test Kit

:)

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jedi said:
rob,
i think this will explain it.. i clicked on their user score and the last 2 items they sold were titled... Drug / Narcotic Test Kit
LOL! :approve:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, at least if I decide to take the plunge, he takes PayPal for payment. I wonder what PayPal will say when that deposit arrives in their system? They might flag it for a security check, and besides, I need to increase my credit card limit first...

Mind you, joking aside, is this a cheap form of traffic building? Setting a site up for sale here or somewhere else? Beats me.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I list on eBay at times, but I usually start at .99 cents or something and people bid. Right now I think I am the only sane person listing on eBay, and I have 10 bids on my domain to prove it. It's also over $100 now. :) I think I currently have the most bids on any current .com listing! :-D

gmail

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What I have noticed is something called the "Mark Factor"!

Weve all heard of the guy that listed "Britney Spears fart in a bottle" and recieved bids up to $15.00. Was he concerned about selling it?NO! Of course not his hit counter read 6,800 hits though! Because cnn did a story about it.
So you see these guys are understanding the true way of using ebay as a marketing tool for their domain venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom