Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Another Quick eNom Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a $6.95 eNom reseller account and want to start setting people up under me. But I'd like to know...

If a person goes to eNom and signs up for a reseller account... does it cost him any money or is it free?

I don't mean signing up through me. I mean if someone just happened upon eNom's site and wanted to be reseller. Does it cost him anything?

It looks like you have to email eNom to get these answers, so I was hoping someone here already knew.

What does he pay for names if he signs up right through eNom? And at what price must he sell.

I'm wondering because I want to know what to tell people who I'd like to set up under me. Is there any advantage to THEM if they sign up under me rather than directly through eNom?

As usual... I hope that made sense.

Cheers,
ezinestein

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the reply I got when i inquired at enom. Basically I'd have to deposit $6950 to have a $6.95 reseller acct. the way I read it.

Hope this helps

To become a Technology Partner all you need to do is open an account at www.enom.com and click on "Free Account". This is required as the Enom Technology Partner agreements will ask for your LOGIN name. Our price to you is $8.95 per domain name when you agree to credit your account for 55 names ($495.00) $7.95 when you credit your account with $3,975.00 (500 domain names), and $6.95 when your account is credited $6,950.00 (1,000domains). This credit is for new domain registrations, renewals or transfer of domains to your Enom account. Once you send back your signed contract back with your ID Login and Password we will change your account over to Reseller status and automatically debit your credit card for your account credit or wait for you check or bank wire. Once you have created a free account with eNom and received your Login ID, you then must sign and fax back our Reseller agreement (ETP, RegistryRocket, PDQ). We then can
convert your account to Reseller status and will email you with additional helpful instructions.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can charge a set up fee, or give accounts away free.

ezinestein

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I wanted!

From what you've written in your post, it looks to me like there is a huge advantage for someone to signup as a reseller under me... as it is free and they don't have to deposit any money.

Of course they will only be able to get names at $8.95 but that is fine.

Am I understanding that correctly?

I hope so!!!!

Cheers,
ezinestein

PS - I forgot to ask... if someone does signup as an $8.95 reseller under me... can they sell for ANY amount above that or is there a minimum?

DomainOrders

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If someone signs up as a $8.95 reseller under you, then the same scenarios now apply to them as I described for you in the other thread, except that instead of 6.95 you are looking at 8.95 as the starting price.

Basically, it depends on how they sell -- if they use their own sales method, e.g., their own web/API interface, with their own merchant account, then they can sell for whatever they want, even less than $8.95 if they so choose. In this case they must fill their enom account with funds and enom will deduct $8.95 from their account for each domain they sell. Enom is not involved in the transaction with the end customer, so your sub-account reseller is responsible for any merchant fees to his/her merchant service provider.

Alternatively, your subaccount reseller can use the Registry Rocket interface and its credit card processing feature, which will make your sub account reseller responsible to enom for the transaction fees of $.95+3% of their selling price. Thus, the minimum pricing they can set in the RR interface must take into account this transaction fee. For their cost of $8.95, the minimum they could set as a sales price is $10.21 (give or take a penny); the transaction charge for $10.21 is 1.26, leaving 8.95 which your reseller would use to "purchase" the domain (the reseller doesn't actually do anything here, it's all taken care of by RR), leaving them with no profit.

I hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom