Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Another Scammer Enquiry - Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWW.ALLTHINGS.TV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a domain off someone who says that he has a site that receives 400 hit a day and he is prepared to let me do a traffic test on the domain name.

However, I am a relative newbie at this game and recently heard of companies offering people the option to buy traffic in whatever quantity they want......so whats to stop this person buying the traffic in advance, knowing that when I traffic test I will see the results I am looking for, and then once I have paid him for the domain....the "traffic" dries up......

Is there anyway I can analyse the traffic stats that would tell me if it comes from paid traffic companies??

Thanks for all responses

leonard77

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can used extremetracker for thats
and about buying domain please do not see only from the trafic.

people visit the site if the domain is easy for remember and using with details product you have.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should first find out where the traffic, or why there is traffic.

Domains, either get traffic, since they were a web-site through links, or type ins, looking for the web-site.

Domains, that were never web-sites get type in traffic, through commonnly typed in terms, or typos.

First consider if this is logicalk traffic, second check the web-stats if there are any.

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Domains, either get traffic, since they were a web-site through links, or type ins, looking for the web-site.

Domains, that were never web-sites get type in traffic, through commonnly typed in terms, or typos.

First consider if this is logicalk traffic, second check the web-stats if there are any.

Well said and good example
"..commonnly typed in terms, or typos."
:smilewinkgrin:

WWW.ALLTHINGS.TV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Thanks FAB,

I agree with your logic .......that is why I will only buy a domain based upon pure type in traffic onlly, becuse if I go for search engine traffic, I cannot tell how much of it is actually search engine/paid for.......

Whereas if it is type in only, then I know I am either buying a typo of a well known website, or a highly generic keyword......if it is neither of the two....say the name is ilovemycreditcards.com and the referrer stats show it is pure type in and was never a website, getting 300 clicks a day must mean that the traffic is paid for ....is this reasoning right???

Also, is it actually illegal to pay for traffic for parked ppc domains?????

Thanks once again Fab and everyone else who has given of their time to help me out :)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a domain off someone who says that he has a site that receives 400 hit a day and he is prepared to let me do a traffic test on the domain name.

"hits" has no real meaning and is not a term used by reputable people. It usually means 'derver' requests', so it could be 400 spambots a day, or 4 people requesting a page with 100 images.

WWW.ALLTHINGS.TV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"hits" has no real meaning and is not a term used by reputable people. It usually means 'derver' requests', so it could be 400 spambots a day, or 4 people requesting a page with 100 images.

My mistake, the potential seller actually used the term Unique Visitors.....

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks FAB,

I agree with your logic .......that is why I will only buy a domain based upon pure type in traffic onlly, becuse if I go for search engine traffic, I cannot tell how much of it is actually search engine/paid for.......

You can generally tell, based upon the searches, which is real, and which isn't.
Whereas if it is type in only, then I know I am either buying a typo of a well known website, or a highly generic keyword......if it is neither of the two....say the name is ilovemycreditcards.com and the referrer stats show it is pure type in and was never a website, getting 300 clicks a day must mean that the traffic is paid for ....is this reasoning right???

Agreed
Also, is it actually illegal to pay for traffic for parked ppc domains?????
Definitely!
Thanks once again Fab and everyone else who has given of their time to help me out :)

My pleasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom