Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Another stupid eBay auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2302770785

Some idiot paid for Octillionaire.com to be listed on eBay's front page... and has a $1 million opening bid on it... and says "The price of this domain will INCREASE by $1,000 every week until sold."

Yes, because there are so many people with $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (an octillion dollars) who are in a rush for this name.

I know, I know, it's the land of idiots, but this one stood out as especially idiotic.

[edited because I didn't have enough zeroes on it at first]

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper
this one stood out as especially idiotic.

Well he's not completely unreasonable - he says he will pay the transfer fees :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought it was some kind of joke and that the name would not even be registered. However, not only did he register it a couple of days ago - the moron paid for TEN YEARS up front. I hope they do not let this guy play with sharp objects! :)

This thread has given me a great idea for a regular item for Domain Name Journal - The Absurd Ebay Auction of the Week. It will be tough narrowing them down but will definitely provide some great comic relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom