Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

another suspended account victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
few years and seeing and reading so many Namedrive accounts getting suspended on namedrive and i was always wonder why? I was thinking they must have done click fraud or something, but you wont know it until it happens to you, even that, you still dont know why.

yesterday i got an email from namedrive saying my account has been suspended!! and checking it up, look like its true!

all my names, traffic and revenue are hanging in air and not knowing WHY?

i have emailed [email protected] to see if i can get an answer, or perhaps its been a mistake from them and me not going through sorting each domain with different registrar and changing name servers and i thought i will get an reply back soon and i get out of this not knowing, but look like they taking their time and reading from other suspended posts here, look like yes, it could take few days, or perhaps never to get an answer.

I would appreciate if someone from namedrive could get back to me.

I have also PM Ed here on forum too, so waiting, thanks

Domain Days 2024

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is email i got from ND yesterday,

Your account was suspended because the traffic was in breach of our terms and conditions. Traffic on domains parked with NameDrive can originate from two sources only: type in (direct navigation) traffic and existing search engine results / expired traffic. All other types of traffic promotion including and not limited to blog sites, forums, TGP Gallerys, bought traffic (PTR/PTC), Arbitrage traffic driven by PPC campaigns (Adwords etc.), traffic directed from hyperlinks etc. are not permitted.

Analysis showed the traffic to your domains was not of a natural type. We are obliged to protect our advertisers wherever possible and therefore suspended your account. Due to our relationship with our advertising partners we must be very firm when it comes to any breach of our terms of service. If you believe you have been wronged, I would be willing to hear from you as to the origins of the traffic on your domains so we can review the account.

I have wrote to you, i buy expired domains and set DNS to your nameservers, you guys have the facility to monitor and see where the traffic is comming from, all we see in control panel is number of unique, CTR and the rest...

1-Why do you ask me where the traffic is comming from??

2- if you have a problem with a domain, you block that domain until things sorted.. you dont simply go ahead and suspend the whole account..

3- as said in email, i must be very stupid and dumb, knowing a domain or domains having not natural traffic and at the same time i ask ND staff to help me optimising!!

4- since not sure which domain or traffic you guys are on about, maybe best for me to say most of the domains where parked with fabulous for over 3 years, not even once i had a problem as such,, unless you can point me to a expiredd domain that perhaps was recently registered and never was parked anywhere else.

5- I was expecting someone from ND could get back to me here and explain.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there NZPoint,

I apologise for not getting back to you sooner on this, but I was away over the weekend and never received a PM from you. It appears that this account was indeed suspended in error, for which I apologise. I have sent you a PM with more details.

Ed

tamilsex

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
name drive is a FRAUD COMPANY , they hold my 3400.00$ for nottin , they simply email me , that i have asian traffic and they dont generate enoug traffic for them , so they simply suspended my account , its not evan a clcik fraud . GUYS never parkd at NAME DRIVE .COM THEY WILL GIVE YOU ANY REASON TO ..

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tamilsex, those are some pretty harsh accusations you are making there. We have been in business for 3 years and have tens of thousands of customers. We would not have been able to get into this position by being a fraudulent company, as you suggest.
As NZPoint will be able to confirm, his account was blocked incorrectly and has now been reactivated with the lost revenue compensated. If you let me know your account log in, I would be happy to look into it for you.

Ed

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do many domainers use namedrive anymore?
hardly ever see them mentioned on the forums anymore
must admit i use parked now and have never looked back

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like I say, we have tens of thousands of clients and over 1 million domains parked with us, so I guess people still use us, just the people in the know ;)
We have not come out with anything spectacular for a while now, so that's probably why there's not much mention on forums, but there will be shortly...

Also, looking at other companies' forums, much of what is posted is generally when people have a complaint more than when they have something good to say, so I'm happy with a bit of quiet time on the forum if it means our clients are happy :)

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Ed

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NOT SUSPENDED - BUT NOT HAPPY EITHER

My portfolio used to generate xxx a month a few years back.

Currently it makes a paltry $1 or $2 a month.
Any explanation?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi dn-101,

I can't really see how a portfolio can change that much.
If you let me know the account by PM, we can look into it.

Ed

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is hyper linking your domain from this forum considered click fraud, if so many many people are guilty of that.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tldrental, Hyperlinking to domains to generate traffic is against our TOS, but, if it is not being done with obvious malicious intent, we let it go.

tomclowes, your account was suspended because your own name with a .info extension had 80% CTR for ads on car insurance. We act very fairly where we can, but in cases like this, we are left with little option but to suspend accounts.

Ed

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tldrental, Hyperlinking to domains to generate traffic is against our TOS, but, if it is not being done with obvious malicious intent, we let it go.

tomclowes, your account was suspended because your own name with a .info extension had 80% CTR for ads on car insurance. We act very fairly where we can, but in cases like this, we are left with little option but to suspend accounts.

Ed

It wasnt that I was denying click fraud, i was simply denying click fraud on MY part. I cant remember the specifics, but I can remember you guys being rude, and not listening to me (the customer) at all.
That also sends the message that you dont value your customers, and Id prefer to take my business elsewhere, as would many others... somewhere that cares.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Sorry, confused so correct me if I misunderstood.

He was owned "said" website that linked to a domain name parked with you, and parked domain suspiciously had a 80% CTR for car insurance with obviously pays well.

Is this the scenario?

What happens to the revenue generated that is withheld from this domainer?

I'm sure someone keeps the money and it doesn't get refunded back to the person paying for the advertising in Google or Yahoo depending on the feed you are using?

I think if people were getting refunded there advertising every time click fraud happened we would hear about it in forums and other networking sites, and communities. Some like "Wow I just got $500 back from Google" or something like that.

So who keeps the money, someone is getting rich off of suspected or alleged click fraud. Even if 5% of the accused click fraud accounts were falsely accused or innocent of the crime that 5% is a lot of money over time.

Sorry if I took this conversation on a tangent.

Rich

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tomclowes, I'm sorry if the support was rude, our customer care is something that we value greatly and is one of the reasons we have such a large customer base, many of whom have been with us since 2005. The fact that I am here at 9pm on a Friday evening hopefully speaks testament to that.

I can imagine that if a rep found that someone with his own name .info is complaining that he didn't know anything about car insurance ads being clicked on his own domain, he would be somewhat cynical when responding, despite our guidelines to be courteous and professional at all times.
The amount of bad click accounts which every parking company is flooded with makes it hard to tell the wrong from the right, but we are proud of having a complaint level of less than 1% when it comes to blocking accounts.
I would be very happy to reassess your account in person, but as you have not been with us for 2 years, I can imagine that is something you are not all that keen on doing. If so, however, the offer is there.

Rich, you touch on two points: 1 - what leads to an account being suspended? 2. What happens to the revenue?
To answer 1, the answer is basically in our TOS. If traffic is not coming from legitimate sources, or clicks are clearly not coming from legitimate sources, the account has to be blocked.
2. What happens to the revenue? Well, we have a very large number of clicks every day, so we can see patterns in how people behave and trace bad activity. Imagine that scaled massively to the amount of data our advertising partner has. Millions, possibly billions of clicks on a daily basis.
If we can detect fraudulent activity, they can certainly detect fraudulent activity and, while those clicks are shown as "earnings" by the parking companies on the day the clicks are made, they are not revenues that the parking company is paid at the end of the month.
So the only place these "earnings" exist is in the parking company member area. The advertising partner doesn't pay the parking company and doesn't charge the advertiser, thus there is nothing to pay out to the domainer. From what I understand, advertisers are not so much refunded as not charged in the first place, or charged at a reduced rate for subsequent clicks.
I hope this clarifies things somewhat.

Ed

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tomclowes, I'm sorry if the support was rude, our customer care is something that we value greatly and is one of the reasons we have such a large customer base, many of whom have been with us since 2005. The fact that I am here at 9pm on a Friday evening hopefully speaks testament to that.

I can imagine that if a rep found that someone with his own name .info is complaining that he didn't know anything about car insurance ads being clicked on his own domain, he would be somewhat cynical when responding, despite our guidelines to be courteous and professional at all times.
The amount of bad click accounts which every parking company is flooded with makes it hard to tell the wrong from the right, but we are proud of having a complaint level of less than 1% when it comes to blocking accounts.
I would be very happy to reassess your account in person, but as you have not been with us for 2 years, I can imagine that is something you are not all that keen on doing. If so, however, the offer is there.

Rich, you touch on two points: 1 - what leads to an account being suspended? 2. What happens to the revenue?
To answer 1, the answer is basically in our TOS. If traffic is not coming from legitimate sources, or clicks are clearly not coming from legitimate sources, the account has to be blocked.
2. What happens to the revenue? Well, we have a very large number of clicks every day, so we can see patterns in how people behave and trace bad activity. Imagine that scaled massively to the amount of data our advertising partner has. Millions, possibly billions of clicks on a daily basis.
If we can detect fraudulent activity, they can certainly detect fraudulent activity and, while those clicks are shown as "earnings" by the parking companies on the day the clicks are made, they are not revenues that the parking company is paid at the end of the month.
So the only place these "earnings" exist is in the parking company member area. The advertising partner doesn't pay the parking company and doesn't charge the advertiser, thus there is nothing to pay out to the domainer. From what I understand, advertisers are not so much refunded as not charged in the first place, or charged at a reduced rate for subsequent clicks.
I hope this clarifies things somewhat.

Ed

I too would be cynical with a car insurance name with 80% click through. I just checked my records, and I have never owned a carinsurance domain..

Now it is possible my records are wrong, I cant actually remember.. but if they are not.. way to make shady business look better.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

As I said in my original post,
"your own name with a .info extension had 80% CTR for ads on car insurance."
Your own name being tomclowes.info, which was getting clicks on car insurance ads. I see you no longer own now but it was the major reason your account was suspended in 2006.

Ed

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems alot of people at ND are getting there accounts closed without warning..happened to a friend of mine who is a very good honest domainer with alot of traffic names just recently at ND, don't think he got paid either....flashbacks of Fabulous here..

Last edited:

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Focus,
As I have mentioned already, we will always assess every account where we receive a complaint, which happens in less than 1% of accounts we block, so we aim to correct any wrongs we commit when blocking accounts.
Ed

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints with ND .. In fact they were the ONLY company to step up to the plate when IDNs started to be recognised as having an earning potential .. They came to us and ASKED us what we wanted to see .. we told them and whaddya know? Try asking a few of the other parking companies for something and see how far you get.
ND have vision .. Unlike a lot of other parking companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom