Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Another tragedy in Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://expat.nursat.kz/?1487
A car carrying a former hostage, Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, and Italian intelligence officials, was driving to the Baghdad Airport when U.S. forces fired on the car, killing an intelligence agent, and wounding Sqrena.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Troops standing post and walking point are put in very difficult situations every day.
The Multi-National Forces said in a statement at 8:55 p.m. local time they opened fire on a vehicle that was approaching a checkpoint at a high speed.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kinda old news now. But, it does attest to the fact that things aren't going so well in Iraq.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is what happens when you're in a no win situation ... and this news story is just one of many that make me ashamed to be a U.S. citizen ....

i hope the italian president does the right thing and withdraws all italian troops from iraq.

Vivvy

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vivvy said:
......just one of many that make me ashamed to be a U.S. citizen .... i hope the italian president does the right thing and withdraws all italian troops from iraq. Vivvy

Disagree strongly with that statement Vivvy, as I am sure others here also do, but will not go into detail about it.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You shoudn't be ashamed of your country! You live in a super power, and should feel very Lucky, considering millions are living in poverty / Terrible conditions.

Though you can be ashamed of what your Country Does. E.G. the mess they made in Iraq, Iran / Iraq War, Supporting Other Terrorist organizations.

Or you can be ashamed that your society has changed so much that they are more than happy to let TV celebs to become politicial figures. (Arnold schwarzenegger Etc.)

Maybe be ashamed of your countries Terrible Foreign Policy where you see your OWN benefits only! noone else seem to matter!

Your countries attitude to The environment

Your countries attitude to World poverty , free trade.

Then again, If you feel so strong to be ashamed of your country why are you NOT doing anything about it?
Make your feelings known on how it should change!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vivvy said:
this is what happens when you're in a no win situation ...
I think this is what happens in WAR, which by nature is a lose-lose situation for the small guys on both sides, from civilians to rank and file military personnel: either kill or be killed.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
Then again, If you feel so strong to be ashamed of your country why are you NOT doing anything about it?
Make your feelings known on how it should change!

Nothing like a huge assumption to take a post terribly wrong...

For all of you equally ashamed of the U.S. go to www.moveon.org , donate money and time to an organization that is being heard and hopefully will contribute to the downfall of the most disgusting leader this country has ever had...

Vivvy

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting figures if correct - it isn't getting better:-
The following are The American War Library's best extimates on friendly fire casualties (both fatal and non-fatal) based on historic War Dept, Dept of the Navy and Dept of Defense casualty reports detailing various battle reports.

At best, these are conservative figures. Which is to say, these figures represent the minimal prcentages of FF casualties on record so far. As additional friendly fire incidents are discovered these figures will increase, not decrease.

War/Campaign Percent Casualties (U.S. Military only)*
World War II 21%
Korea 18%
Vietnam 39%
Persian Gulf 49%
* Both fatal and non-fatal (These figures do not include murders or deliberate/accidental self-inflicted wounds/fatalities)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It only makes sense Mr.W. when you are fighting terrorists and enemies in civilian clothing that friendly fire incidents would be much more common. In fact, I am surprised the percentage is not higher, which shows the great care and caution the US Military uses.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not exactly. It's simply means that casualties from enemy fire are negligible. Less than 2000 soldiers have died in invading a foreign country? That is an accomplishement.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is a good example how a seperate forum link is needed for politcal chat (and othere controversial subjects) one way or the other these conversations creep in.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It only makes sense Mr.W. when you are fighting terrorists and enemies in civilian clothing that friendly fire incidents would be much more common. In fact, I am surprised the percentage is not higher, which shows the great care and caution the US Military uses.

Those SO called terroris wont Even exist without the USA's support.
Most of the organaisations were once supported one way or another by the usa. Now that they turn against them they decide to CRUSH them altogather, after they have no use for them!

Lets go to the root of the issues!
You can't just make a problem somewhere and not be blamed for it / suffer!

You should really consider yourselvs lucky people like Nelson Mandela exist! Can you imagine how bad it could have worked out if the african's were going to kill the whites after apartheid?

Just look at what has happened in Zimbabwi, just because they threw out white farmers look at the big issue brought out by all the white countries!
The human right issues? Human Rights, Lets look at Sudan, China, Lybia. Take action in countries who really need your help. I don't recall The USA sending troops when all those poor people in Sudan were being killed!
I dont recall posing any type of sanctions / diplomatic pressures!

You can't just bully who you want, and let others get away with far worse things! Call people who don't agree with you Terrorists, and those who agree with you are "The Good Guys who want Freedom!"

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
Lets look at Sudan, China, Lybia. Take action in countries who really need your help. I don't recall The USA sending troops when all those poor people in Sudan were being killed!
I dont recall posing any type of sanctions / diplomatic pressures!
From USA Today, a few days ago... http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-03-03-sudan_x.htm
The United States has proposed sanctions be imposed against Sudan by the U.N. Security Council but has yet to win approval, largely because of opposition by China and Russia. :rolleyes:
You can't just bully who you want, and let others get away with far worse things! Call people who don't agree with you Terrorists, and those who agree with you are "The Good Guys who want Freedom!"
Good job making sweeping generalizations.

This reminds me of all the shrieking after the tsunami disaster. Everybody was screaming and demanding to know where the US's financial contribution was, and why it wasn't larger. As if we had some obligation to give money despite their hatred for us. Yeah, we did help out, more so then most of the Muslim nations around there... but nevertheless, everybody whined about the US specifically.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
this is a good example how a seperate forum link is needed for politcal chat (and othere controversial subjects) one way or the other these conversations creep in.
There is nothing political about the posting of this thread - if it has at all become political it is because some members have decided to use it to defend one side or the other rather than focus on and consider the tragedy of the event for all involved.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
There is nothing political about the posting of this thread - if it has at all become political it is because some members have decided to use it to defend one side or the other rather than focus on and consider the tragedy of the event for all involved.

agreed there was nothing political about your post, my point was because people by nature have opinions, it is inevitable for differing views to come into play, after all this incident caused an international uproar.If you even post the word Iraq it would be cause for discussion

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
If you even post the word Iraq it would be cause for discussion
Which was of course intended but some unfortunately can't discuss anything "America" without getting over-excited it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom