Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Answerable takes domains for themselves when they hit redemption..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I forgot to renew a domain. I thought maybe I'd redeem it but I look at the whois and its in someone elses name now and and the email i get says i cannot renew or redeem it...

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say give them a call - while most allow you to renew during redemption (for a fee) online, maybe they require a phone call?

I've redeemed domains with them before. Every other time the domain stays in the account and they make you pay 80 dollars. It looks like they pick and choose which names to take though as I've had others I purposely let go and can still redeem.

enterpryzman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Had this problem in the past with my registrar ( eNom ). Most domains give you a time of redemption " unless " someone has bid on your name which was about to expire. As I understand it, it would then be transfered into the new owner name BUT....if you send a written notification to the registrar with full payment for the higher renew fee, they will return it to you.
I think mine ended up being $ 160. rather than 8.58 which sucked but, we need to stay on top of domains dropping.......I got a real kick out of me, a guy who buys other domains that drop, failing to renew a domain I wanted to keep.
Good luck,
Enterpryzman

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom